Paypal refund policy?

lozzi

Reaction score
Basically i bought a pram :roll: OUTSIDE of ebay, it was listed on ebay, but she contacted me about buyin it now.

I was supposed to collect it on Saturday night. But i cant go, and cant go for a while now, with the car issues.

So ive emailed her explaining situation, and asking for her to refund it.

Im sure there wont be a problem, BUT if there is, eg, she wont refund, what can i do?

I have to protect myself put a paypal non received dispute in.

But will they refund me if she doenst refund me?

I kno im probably worrying about nothing, but its £180, which is a hell of a lot of money to me...

thanks in advance x

Hmm im not sure because if you went "outside" ebay, you don't have many rights I suppose. Paypal aren't really responsible if you don't receive items, its only ebay that deals with that. Im not 100% certain but im fairly sure it works that way.

Anyone else help?

Paypal and Ebay are seperate entities,

in the send money, there are three options

Goods
Service/other
Ebay

so in regardsto ebay. the only thing i cant do is leave feedback..

paypal is seperate to ebay so you should get your money back by opening a dispute with them, ebay dnt get peoples money bk it is paypal that does that, ebay just open a dispute that only ever ends up in a strike or the user being deleted. i think paypal can negotitate between you. i once had a friend that sold something and sent the item and before she could withdraw the money the sender cancelled the payment. paypal got her her money bk because they threatened that it was fraudulent and stealing. i dont think they will refund for her though they will just try everything to get her to give you a refund.

xxxx

I had a disupute from a website which was not ebay and got my money after they never sent me the product after i asked for it...

You have to email the persona a certain amount of times and then you can dispute it...

Darn woman how many prams you got!!

;)

Hope you get through!

xxx

my OH recently brought some thing not on ebay and never received it, and did a dispute.... but they said they dont protect you as a buyer that didnt buy from ebay :wall:

if the seller has proof of postage (trackable number) and its obvioulsy not turned up, like royal mail lost it then they will do a refund. but for personal pick they dont care, even if u get a proof of postage but no tracking number they dont care.

now ebay and paypal are owned by same people, they rather u buy using ebay thats the only way they look after you, and make more money from their crappy fees.

ive taken the option of paypal off my site now as they are getting a bit too money greedy and dont care for their customers. google checkout all the way!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back