Passport countersigning

MiniVoid

Reaction score
Huge problem!

I thought moving to the UK would make it a little easier to apply for my first British passport as it proves to be! Now I know to prove my nationality is to have my mum get my birth certificate from the local council I was born and her marriage certificate with my dad to prove I gained my British citizenship through their marriage or whatever they want.
Fine can do that even tho it cost me a bum! 11 quid already for my dad's birth certificate from MY local council to prove he was born over here. Helps that my dad still does hold his British passport whilst living in Holland since he were 9 and helped me provide his number and date of issue on my application but now I ran into my re-occurring issue who can countersign it?! I have changed doctors almost more often then I have changed my trainers over the last three years, and if my dentist is willing to do it as I have been with them for over 2 years now he literally seen me twice! The worker in the postoffice has seen me more often, the new managers in my local bank know my face more well if it is about them proving who I say I am. Or i'd have to wait 1,5 year for a collegue from the council to do it. My aunt is teacher and things like that but they're related to me, surely they can't sign when it's family. I know a nurse and a teaching assistant for a good three years would they be able to do it? Please help because this counter signing business is all new to me!

Yes they will. I am authorised to countersign passports as I work for Civil Service. You have to have known the person for two years, so they will be fine to countersign it for you.

Actually not sure about the teaching assistant. I know a teacher can sign and 100% sure a Nurse can sign.

Family can't sign, but I think a nurse can! Do you know anyone that owns a business? They can sign cos they're upstanding members of the community or something! If you google, there's a directgov link that has a big lost of all the people that can sign xx

Also folk with professional registration can sign, so someone like a chartered accountant. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I've got to ask my neighbour funny enough, realized he knows me for three years and I believe he is a nurse. I'll just have to ask him if he can do it. I do know someone with a business but that is related through my partner. So i don't think that is my best bet so far!

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back