Passing the time...

Nickinakinoo

Reaction score
Since we got our BFP time seems to have stood still, does anyone else find that?

I spend my days planning the nursery, looking at anything baby related but it's too early to start anything so I just have lists and lists to to dos and to buys. Pretty much got our nursery theme sorted, pretty set on the silver cross pioneer (sand colour), I think we'll get a snuzpod instead of a Moses basket, we're both impressed with the snuz hero breathing monitor.

Has anyone else planned things/bought things?

We're planning, defo no buying yet though. We've even been into Smyths and Halfords to look at the buggy/carseat stuff we want though.

Have had some hand-me-down clothes from a friend for months though, she needed to off load when moving house.

Yes time is going so slow! All I can think about is baby stuff, want to find out the gender before I buy some things though x

I've stared at my scan pictures for hours trying to figure out where my placenta is so I can figure out the sex. Also seen and the baking soda and red cabbage test, might try those! We want quite a gender neutral nursery so it not too dependant on the sex. Glad I'm not the only one that time is dragging for!

We have decided to wait until we have a scan at 12 weeks at least. I did look at prams(!) online, but nothing properly yet. We are also moving house so nursery is nothing at the moment!
The time is going slowly, but then fast at the same time! Feels like a second ago I was four weeks... But then it feels like absolute ages until we can tell people and get a scan although in opposite order!
Having a midwife come to see me at home on Thursday as have awful anxiety and ended up fighting for it. Will be 7 weeks tomorrow. Hing for sticky beans for all!

We have decided to wait until we have a scan at 12 weeks at least. I did look at prams(!) online, but nothing properly yet. We are also moving house so nursery is nothing at the moment!
The time is going slowly, but then fast at the same time! Feels like a second ago I was four weeks... But then it feels like absolute ages until we can tell people and get a scan although in opposite order!
Having a midwife come to see me at home on Thursday as have awful anxiety and ended up fighting for it. Will be 7 weeks tomorrow. Hing for sticky beans for all!

We're the same - hubby in particular doesn't want to "jinx" things until the 12 week scan!

I have to admit I know very little about what I need at this stage!

I said to my hubby tonight that it's dragging. To think we've got 5weeks till a scan. It's killing me! Especially as my mom told me Saturday that there are twins in the family.:shock:
Planned everything 3 times over lol. xx

Last edited:
Hey! Gosh time is going slowly I agree but before you know it you'll be on that labour ward! I've already bought a few bits, bargain medela swing breast pump from one of the lovely mummies on here, already stocked up on wipes, and as soon as I've had scan on Friday nappy stocking will commence! Around 20-30 weeks I'll get pushchair and all the other bits. Then 30-40 weeks I will spend nesting and organising! Haha I know what I'm like pregnant - laziest cow on this planet currently though!
Not a lot to do to pass the time when pregnant apart from Internet wishlists xx

I have a few things planned. I want a navy blue/kelly green/gold nursery. I want a Halo swivel bassinet. I want a mamaRoo swing. I want a LILLEbaby carrier. I want three Diono RXTs for all the kids. Other than that, I pretty much have everything!

Yep time certainly seems to stand still from the moment you get your first BFP. But I am now only 5 sleeps from my 12 week scan and looking back I can't quite believe how quick the last (almost) 8 weeks have gone!

Re buying stuff, I too am not until after the 12 week scan then I'll stock up on nappies etc so the cost isn't a huge outlay when baby arrives & naturally I'm sure I'll pick up an outfit or 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back