Passing on some advice

Emily0505

Reaction score
Just thought i would pass on some advice my dentist gave me. She said if you get morning sickness not to brush your teeth right away cuz the stomach acid in the sick softens your tooth enamel and you will end up just brushing it all away.

Just thought i'd share. Fx i wont need to worry but i have a feeling it'll kick in shortly!

XX

yeah you should swill your mouth out with mouthwash or water. its also a trick bulemics use to save ruining their teeth lol. bad past habits do come in handy now

also, taking some sort of liquid antacid after being sick will protect the teeth from the stomach acid.

another trick that bulimics use....

Last edited:
lol all the recovered/recovering eating disorder ppl wave :)

lol see noone is ever alone, theres always someone with food issues. i have to say having morning sickness has kinda brought back a bad habit but luckily im used to this one popping up occasionally. ive not had major issues since i was 19 so im managing it fairly well. how you girls copeing as i know it can be hard not to indulge in certain ways iykwim?

lol see noone is ever alone, theres always someone with food issues. i have to say having morning sickness has kinda brought back a bad habit but luckily im used to this one popping up occasionally. ive not had major issues since i was 19 so im managing it fairly well. how you girls copeing as i know it can be hard not to indulge in certain ways iykwim?

I have battled since I was 11 and I am 24 now so it can be tough.... they only thing keeping me in line is protecting our baby.... I have been in recovery for a bout a yyear now though....

It just hard not to feel guilty after eating specific things!! xx

aww im pretty good now im 30. kinda had to give up worrying about weight alltogether and ended up a size 22 due to the bingeing habits.... its swings and roundabouts isnt it lol. i never had any treatment or doctors involved but have had periods of time where i had to talk some sense into myself. worst being 14 when i lost a stone in 5 days and then reverted to binge purge behaviour for a month. being sick for months has left me with very little appetite and ive reverted to dieting behaviour of living on snacks of fruit so ive been adding in chocolate and my OH makes sure i eat 1 meal a day at least. i do tend to have cycles of it coming back to haunt me every couple of years but i think i have it cracked for the most part lol. hard not to listen to the bad thoughts sometimes tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back