Passing comment

Linzie2012

Reaction score
Had a comment today in work from Manager.

"Your bump is very small for 21 weeks "

I don't really know how to take that... I've gone to more worry.

Is it?

People always make comments !! I was tiny in my last pregnacy and my little girl was healthy :)no need to worry x

I've had comments the other way, but it was when I was really bloated! They said that I need to watch out as the baby will be a beast by the time I get to term. I'm only small and fairly slim so this shit me up no end, I even started googling growth disorders and frantically searched for bumps for comparison. Why can't people shut up?! It seems that once pregnant your stomach becomes public property! Next time someone has a go or touches it, I'm going to have a go at theirs! Try not to worry, all was well at your appointments etc... they can do one! x

As long as all was well at your 20 week scan don't worry. I am not massive yet either and am actually losing weight somehow but my midwife said all fine. Every pregnancy is different hun and what is normal for others isn't always going to be normal for everyone else too x

Yes, the 20 week scan was fine.

I thought I had a big bump. I'm usually a size 12 & this fit in it trouser size as they sit underneath, T Shirts im not due to bump. I've not moved for 73.5KG the entire pregnancy so far - but MW not said anything is a issue.

I think I just didnt know if she wanted to have a dig & wanted to create worry ( as she likes doing stuff like that ) or if she was being polite?

Going to let it go over my head I think. I also hate people trying to touch the bump. Its belongs to me & the OH - leave it alone. But my OH dont coo over it so weird when strangers do.

With my last pregnancy people commented how small my bump was and that I'd have a tiny overdue baby right up until labour, I shoved that comment back in their face by having an 8lb 1oz baby on his due date lol.
Unless its a trained midwife who comments then stuff them, everyone carries differently and all babies grow differently x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk

Awww poor you! Why can't people just keep their mouths shut if they have nothing nice to say!
Woman I work with yesterday told me I was going to have to watch my weight during my pregnancy! I literally nearly told her to *off. If I want to put on a bit of weight that's my business not hers! I'm normally 8st 5 and 5"7 and I've put on a stone I'm 22 weeks so yeah it's a bit more than average but I'm feeling ok with it so LEAVE ME ALONE! Lol

my manager said comments the opposite way when I was pregnant with my daughter! I got really bloated and looked much bigger early on - she went on to say how she was so flat and you wouldn't have known she was pregnant etc with her first!

I don't know why people feel the urge to comment at all about a pregnant woman's belly!!!!

There's one woman in work like that Iwant3.

She keeps going on how she was a size 6 & totally flat until she was 6 month gone, Supposed she didnt know until she was 6 months etc. I'm not sure of that is true, I didnt know her then

But shes a size 22 now. 7 years on.

Crikey, pregnancy seems to become a time when people just do not consider what they say to you. Im going for a repeat 20 week scan because they couldnt look at baby's heart, and when I told someone at work about this in conversation (im not worried about it, it was because of her position) she continues to tell me the long story of how that happened to her and when she arrived they had the bereavement nurses there because in fact their had been a problem, and they said she had to go see cardiologists and talk about whether to have the baby and i was listening thinking 'WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS? STFU.'

Stupid people. Her baby was okay anyway, if that makes me sound heartless paha.

xx

I'm usually the one saying this lol! I'm my own worse critic. Have you seen Alesha Dixon lately? She must be around 4/5 months and is the same size as me at 6 and a half months! Was having a moan at the weekend lol

People can be so thoughtless with their throwaway comments can't they - I mean really! Why would you comment on something like bump size when everyone is so different (I am huge already but my cousin didn't have a much of a bump at all at my stage even though it is her second)....and why tell a pregnant lady horror stories?! As if we don't freak out enough as it is! Silly people! You have my sympathies ladies! :-( xx

I work in a ladies clothes shop and have lost count of the number of times I've been asked if I'm having twins! I try and laugh it off and I've taken to getting in there before them, saying "and before U ask, no, it's not twins". I must sound like a moody hormonal cow but it's really doing my head in now! I am bigger than my 1st pregnancy but I think I might appear big because baby is all out front and I've lost weight on other parts of my body.

I don't mind people showing an interest but when their faces drop at how long I've got left to go and they feel the need to comment, well, that's just rude!

It seems whether ur showing big or small U can't escape the comments!

I keep getting told how HUGE (I mean really over exaggerated too) I am. I am a bit chunky anyway, but apparently my belly is M.A.S.S.I.V.E

I keep being told how big I'm going to be at the end if I'm already this big (by everyone), I don't even feel that big bump wise (just belly wobble wise as usual).

It all disappears when I sit down anyway, just turns to a wobbly mush then! :)

I was very bloated around 11 weeks and a woman at a baby show (a vendor) actually said she thought I was near the end! Cheeky cow. Everyone is different.

Yeah exactly.

Today my bump is much bigger, but I believe that because I cannot go toile again !!!!

But people comment so much rubbish !! It winds me up, then worries & stresses me

I think people just don't think about what they say sometimes and don't realise how much its then going to affect you! It seems everyone's got comments or little anecdotes when your pregnant! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back