Parvovirus

amygates88

Reaction score
So I'm a nurse and I was looking after a patient with Pavo 2 days ago. I didn't know he had it or anything like that. I'm over 20 weeks so the risks aren't as bad but there still there. I'm so annoyed I have been put in that situation and could have caused my baby damage. I have I go to occ health on Monday and have bloods taken and maybe cans depending on immunity . I've obviously read up on it and now I'm focused on all the horrible out comes. I'm gutted :-( I could have hurt my little boy!

You're probably immune hun. I was exposed to loads of kids at school who had it as school didn't tell me straight away. I turned out to be not immune but that's rarer so was signed off for a bit to limit exposure.
I never contracted it so chances are you haven't either.
Worse case scenario at least you're aware and they monitor baby with scans. Small risk of anemia and then that's treatable with a transfusion.
Don't Google hun. Im sure it'll be okay xxx

I no it's just such a horrible feeling like that's all I can think about now. Plus I'm increase risk because I was handling blood products and stuff! Argh! I never want to go back to work! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back