Partners

mumtofour

Reaction score
Am i the only woman who's partner seems so detached from the pregnancy and what can I do to get him more interested. THis is our first baby together but we have four children between us.

No your not hun. This is mine and OH's 3rd baby and he never gets interested till their born (even more so when their 2 yrs old) I think it's a man thing??

Mines the same! I ask him to feel the baby moving he huffs puts his hand on and if he doesn't feel him within 5 secs he walks away! Impossible to discuss names with him too!! Men eh!

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11
Baby Boy due 17th Dec 2013

Yup my oh too , hes a nightmare and im on baby 5 !!

My OH is a liytle more bothered niw he can feel our boy move but still I dont bother talking to him about anything pregnancy related.

Thats why babies tend to look more like their fathers when they're born, its to instinctively kick start the dad's parenting impulses.
Parenthood starts at the pregnancy test for mothers, for dads its when they're actually here so I shouldn't worry, he's just being a the bloke thay evolution has turned him into :)

Thanks girls, it was starting to get to me a little as feel quite alone in the pregnancy thing and yes talking to him about anything remotely baby topic just does not interest him, although he did say the other day he would look at the baby monitors as they were gadgets and they are cool lool but I feel kinda bad going out and doing the baby shopping and having main choice lol. I have tried and show him bits such as cots, pushchairs etc but he just is not interested. I even discussed should we use a moses basket or just go straight to the cot like I always have but nope nothing loool. I know he is intereted in his own little way as I came home from work early Friday due to the believe I had a bit of an infection and asked him to run me to the docs as I had a few issues and he got really concerned, all was well however. We have our dating scan next week so I'm going to see what reaction I get lool but thanks for reasuring me that this is a man thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back