Parents Opinion Needed.

sportkid

Reaction score
Hello Motto & Greetings.

First of all sorry for my grammar - English is my third language & in some points it might be hard to read my posts.
Anyway this is spontaneous idea to register her. But i really would love to hear public opinion.
So currently im working on a project more like - platform (website) that should combine useful information for parents.
Things like "Schools Directory, Places to go out with kids, Children's Sport clubs etc"
Here is back story: Idea was quit simple there are a lot of websites & directories that provide useful information for parents but i could find the one that combined all of them.
And since im currently working in a company that sells children "Sport Products" -
I managed to convince my boss that this is going to be a grate idea and will benefit company as well, and got extra time so that i could work on this project during my working hours.
It took couple month to gather all the info. And to think over about the whole concept of the website & how it gonna look at the end.
In the beginning i just had in my head categories like "IQ Kids, Sport Kids, Family&Kids, Fashion Kids, Healthy Kids" - Then i thought that there is 5 main categories and why not to make it
in Olympic Style (In circles) & i did.

So after all we created Sportkid.World - Its still beta version ...

But i would really appriciate if you could share your thoughts / And maybe give some tips & ideas what should be added or removed.

P.S Please dont consider this as "Spam" this a first place where the website was shared.

hi

my child is a bit young for your site (he's 1) but I think the concept is good and will re-inforce your brand message

the front page is attractive looking, not so sure about having the links open in different window, I would open them in the same one and let the person browsing decide if they want to open it in, e.g. a new tab themselves.

Overall the appearance of the website is bright & attractive and you have obviously put quite a bit of work into it already

You need more content e.g. list of swimming pools in london only came up with 2, but am sure that's something you will address as part of taking the site to the next stage

Well it's a good idea, but Netmums already does that (has local sections where you can chat to other mums in your region and pages that list activities/events/sports & dance classes etc etc in your area.

tinselcat

Thank you a loot for your feed back. Getting content added is a big problem unless you have a community who will do it for you. But Hopefully we will get to it sooner or later.

Phoenix85

Checked NetMums as well. They already done an excellent job. & competing with them at this stage is quit impossible + loyal community members already love it & wont change their preferences.

But the good part they are concentrated on UK only... and from my side we plan to make same database for major European Countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back