Parent craft classes

nicki

Reaction score
Hola everyone,

The hubby and I went to our first parent craft class this afternoon and have to say I thought it was really good, i'd had my doubts about going but actually enjoyed myself. i didn't learn that much as i've done my research and being on this forum has given me alot of knowledge (thanks alot guys :D ) and I was surprised at how little the other girls knew. We talked about pain relief in labour.

The midwife doing the class said that hospitals try and avoid giving epidurals and want us to have pethidine, apparantly the Royal College of Midwives want us to pay for the pleasure of having an epidural but said women who need it shouldn't have to pay but women who want it do?????? WHAT???? Have alook at this link from the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4742632.stm

What does everyone think about this? Also wondering what everyone thought of their parent craft classes.

Nicki.x :D

Outrageous! what do we pay national insurance for. paying for epidurals, they will make you pay for seeing a midwife soon. I was told by someone weeks ago that they do try and put you off having an epidural as they cost £500 a time to top up.

I was the same as you with my parent craft class, was a little apprehensive as we didnt know what to expect, but once we got there we both really enjoyed the experience. my DH got the most out of it as he has not been reading any books etc unlike me!!

oh my god thats terrible no way should they charge for an epidural :shock: i had one on my son because i couldnt cope any more i waited 31 hours before having one and i think i done my best :(
as for the classes ive never attended any and never been given any information about them i assume there are none in my area as i dont know anyone who has actually attended one :( xxxx

What??!!!???

Is the Royal College of Midwifes ran by men??? Or women who have never given birth????

If there was even one women who have been through labour was on the board that decided this, this would not even have been suggested.

Hmmmm...so who decides if you 'want' one or 'need' one.....you can not assess any one elses pain. Bloody scandalous, but so typical of this country.
although looking back, i think id have sold my house for one 3 weeks ago!! lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back