paranoid thoughts :-(

niknaks

Reaction score
theyre doing my head in plus i constantly feel that if i keep thinking them they will happen which makes me feel worse. basically i keep thinking about sids. everytime im constantly checking leo to see if hes breathing, but the worst thing is i keep expecting him not to be. does that sound really bad? has anyone experienced this. i wanna stop feeling this way :wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2:

If Tyler has been exceptionally quiet or still I check him! Don't worry it's a normal reaction.... I hope!

If Cams really quiet I still double check. We've got the angel sounds movement monitor for his cot which provides huge reassurance. It's expensive but worth it for peace of mind big time. I wouldn't be without it x

I am with Jayne we have the angelspunds monitor I would be insane without it

I co-sleep at night, so can hear him breathing, but through the day he sleeps in cot and I think I must check him every 20 mins or so to make sure he's still breathing even though I've got the monitor on. I'm worried that he'll not be breathing too, totally normal, it just cuz we love them so much and don't want anything to happen to them x

weve got a video monitor and I'm near enough glued to it, or at least every five minutes have to keep checking. Glad I'm not the only one though suppose this is the first of all our worries lol xxx

Try to remember that SIDS is actually very rare and it is extremely unlikely that anything will happen to your LO especially if he's not premature and was born healthy. I would try to relax, you wouldn't want to remember his babyhood as a time when you just constantly worried about everything :).

It's natural to worry hun. When Oz was newborn I used to lay awake too scared to sleep in case he stopped breathing! When his breathing got too shallow to really see I'd poke him so he woke up, then get upset that I had to get him back to sleep lol :wall2:

There is very little you can do except just keep LO safe. Don't smoke in the house and don't have loose covers etc. Dont' have the room too hot and LO wrapped up too hot.

Now my son is 1 I have now finally relaxed about SIDS, but it took that whole first year, and I know I will be the same with the new baby too!

Perfectly natural dont worry . I have nightmares about stuff all the time . As said above I wouldnt be without my angelsounds monitor xx

I am the same hun! We have the tommee tippee sensor pad and monitor and for us, it does provide reassurance. When he sleeps in the pram or away from his cot I am always checking him by putting my hand on his tummy to feel it move or listen next to his mouth to hear him breathe! Although it's not nice imagining the worst I think a lot of us do it and that gradually as they get older we will relax a bit more. It's hard but we have to try and keep things in perspective, everyday the y grow stronger and all we can do is keep them as safe and as healthy as possible :)

Hey hun I'm glad you've posted this because I thought I was going mental. I'm always poking and prodding Angel when shes sleeping the poor little thing just to check shes breathing and shes ok. It really freaks me out and sometimes I get myself so worked up I'm scared to check on her myself and have to get my OH to do it. All I can say from my experience it does ease off. Obviously you'll always worry but once they get older and you're reassured theyre perfectly healthy it does take the edge off. I agree with that mum2b said about the sensor pad it does reassure but I had a problem with mine - it went off once and obviously I was up the stairs at twice the speed of light, had the car keys in my hands and she was absolutely fine!! This happened to a couple of my friends, the alarm just went off for no reason so in the end I stopped using it as it made me of edge. I just use the normal baby monitors and check on her every half hour or so. xx.

It's totally normal babe lilyanna is my third and I still do it!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back