Paranoid now...

Positive37

Reaction score
Since got told Moo is measuring 3 weeks under am paranoid that i havent done enough for her:-(

i eat well, i dont drink, smoke,

Am now trying to eat more so my heartburn is awful. having pure protein in Smoothies today
got sausage and mash tonight
and snacking when i normally wouldnt

u watch she will have a growth spurt and i will end up a fat mess.

I googled today and it said placenta issues ( not that i know i have this) usually come from
Pre eclampsia
Drinking, smoking drugs
mother being ill

And mine is all perfect PLUS at our 4d scan they did measurements and all were ok

am i worrying for nothing?

Found myself resting more now though as I am always on go and think i need to slow down
xx

Your being paranoid!!! You are doing everything you can for your little moo try not to over think things and stop looking on dr google he is evil!!! Your doing everything you should be don't be so hard on yourself! Consider yourself told off :) oh and get some rest xxx

its like round 2 isnt it, worrying with our downs and now worrying again ;-( worry pants eh....

Ok Mrs take it as told off and once my sausages are in the oven i have some new mags to read

u doing ok hun/xxx

Aww try not to panic Hun, I'm sure she's absolutely fine in there. At my 28 week appt on Monday I was only measuring 26cm but the midwife didn't even say anything, I only know because I looked in my notes and saw the measurement. She just said I was measuring fine. Funny thing is my bump actually looks quite big and everyone says I look bigger this time round than with my son - he weighed 8lb 9 so he was far from tiny! Sorry I'm rambling but basically what I'm trying to say is try not to read too much into the measurement. It's not an exact science at all, just a rough guide. It can vary depending on who measures you and probably on baby's position as well. You're certainly not doing anything wrong and even if bubs is a little on the small side, which I'm sure she's not, then at least it's been flagged up early so they can keep a close eye xxx

Thanks hun - thats the thing I dont look small have a very forward round bump MW said same. So am hoping she will just 'catch up' - i know i am a worrier this pregnancy has been so precious and i just want her to be fine.
IVF guy is scanning us next Thursday so hopefully she be ok. as u said maybe she is just small -shes active and moving so small doesnt =Unhealthy does itxxxx

I feel a bit worried too coz I'm also measuring 2 cm's behind.. BUT I have eaten sooo much this pregnancy there is no way I am not getting enough to help bubs grow. My oh was telling me to eat more, but it honestly couldn't be anything to do with that, I'm convinced its just the position he's laying in as these things really are not accurate at all. They just keep telling me I'm not having a big baby, but size of me and my oh even that is something I find unbelievable! Try not
To worry, as long as u are eating enough and healthily, then there isn't anymore u can do xxxx

Just wait and see what your IVF consultant says I know how precious this is to you and what a tough journey youv had! Like you said small does not by any means mean unhealthy.

I'm doing well thanks last day at work tomorrow can't believe how quickly it has come around when are you due to finish? Xxx

Thanks hun - thats the thing I dont look small have a very forward round bump MW said same. So am hoping she will just 'catch up' - i know i am a worrier this pregnancy has been so precious and i just want her to be fine.
IVF guy is scanning us next Thursday so hopefully she be ok. as u said maybe she is just small -shes active and moving so small doesnt =Unhealthy does itxxxx

No small doesn't mean unhealthy, babies come in all sorts of shapes and sizes! So the average sized baby might measure right for weeks but how many people are average sized - there are always going to be plenty that measure a little smaller or a little bigger. Of course she's precious and it's easy for us to say don't worry but I know it's hard when its your baby and you just want everything to be absolutely perfect. I honestly don't think you need to be concerned though and hopefully your scan will put your mind at ease xxx

No small doesn't mean unhealthy, babies come in all sorts of shapes and sizes! So the average sized baby might measure right for weeks but how many people are average sized - there are always going to be plenty that measure a little smaller or a little bigger. Of course she's precious and it's easy for us to say don't worry but I know it's hard when its your baby and you just want everything to be absolutely perfect. I honestly don't think you need to be concerned though and hopefully your scan will put your mind at ease xxx

Can't write it any better than this! Try not to worry yourself I have opposite worry of baby being big I'm measuring 2.5 weeks ahead but iv lost. 1 st,2lbs now since falling preg and eat very little as I can't fit it in I'm being healthy so I can't see why baby would be big esp as no gestational diabetes and no fatty or sugary foods I can't eat less and wouldn't want to in case lack of vitamins but I do worry anyway.mw not worried too much n bubba kicks so gota roll with it I had high bmi to start so Its no prob iv lost weight. It's always worrying when something isn't "perfect" when they tell u measurements but I think they aren't an exact science x

Don't panic hun i was 23cm at my 25 week appointment and she said they're happy as long as you're 3cm either side of the number of cm for the number of weeks... if that makes sense... so i could've been as low as 22cm or as high as 28cm and they would have been happy...

Be interesting to see where i am at my 28 week one next week xxx

Please don't worry. If there were worried they'd be checking you straight away. It all sounds perfectly normal. Fundal measurements are very basic and just a guideline as they can't afford to scan us all the time.
My measurements are just right and everyone is obsessed that my bump is tiny! So it's all very odd anyway. Xxxx

My bump measured spot on for weeks even though it was huge and my baby was 9lbs! It doesn't necessarily dictate what size your baby will be. If there were concerns you would have a growth scan.

You still have plenty of time for LO to grow. They are like parasites (in the nicest possible way) so will take all they need from your body. If you were not giving LO enough you would feel it first! Do not rely on measurements this early and try not to worry xxx

last time i measured spot on til 38 weeks, 2 weeks later cue nearly 11lb baby with no warning of her being big.
this time im measuring 2cm ahead but im smaller than i was with DD1. the meausrement is horribly inaccurate and babies are allshapesand sizes. really hun dont worry about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back