paranoid about the sex....

sazzylou

Reaction score
Ive started to freak out that the scan lady got it wrong and i might not be having a girl after all :? I cant help it, but the OH is getting the right ache with me :wall: Ive got a load of girls clothes ready and we've picked the name, but now i cant stop worrying :| Has anyones scan been wrong?

Hello

I dont want to add to your paranoia but i know two people who were told they were having girls and had boys, apparently they have a 96% correct rate ?! Could you afford a 4d scan and get them to double check the sex. There is no way you can worry about this for the next 20 weeks. You should be enjoying your pregnancy

XXXXXXXXXXX

Sorry,i forgot to ask, did the sonographer have difficulty in finding her sex out or was it done quite confidently???

she was REALLY confident. Said it really matter of faclty. I was fine for a while, but the doubt has started to creep in now.... Lukily ive not bought many clothes (using my daughters old ones), the rooms in neutral colous and ive got loads of boys clothes that were my nephews, so if it is a boy im not totally unprepared. Just that i really want a girl so now im worrying :shock:

If she was confident about it then i wouldnt worry too much - could you afford a 4d scan though? or ask your family to club together for christmas for it? Just for reassurance.

XX

I have a friend that got told girl then had a boy but they dont seem to get it wrong very often. Im sure you have nothing to worry about but if you are still worried then keep the tags and receipts for items then you can always exchange then if you need to.

1sttimemum said:
If she was confident about it then i wouldnt worry too much - could you afford a 4d scan though? or ask your family to club together for christmas for it? Just for reassurance.

XX

I doubt i'll be having another scan :cry: The OH is really p'eed off with me for being so paranoid. He just keep shaving a go at me that i'll drive myself mad, but methinks he more worried about me driving him mad.
:twisted:

Im sure that im not the only one to go through the gender paranoia anyway! Its just so annoying and i cant help it :wall: Bloody worrying all the time....grumble grumble.....moan moan.......

Well try not to worry!!!!! :hug:

Only make things worse for your health and your relationship

Well I'm one of the few mums on here that was told they were having a boy at the scan at 20 weeks only to be told I was having a girl a couple of weeks later :rotfl:

Apparently, it's more common to make the mistake of saying its a boy and it turns into a girl because our bodies flood the little girls body full of hormones, which swells the vulva making it look like little boy bits... ;)

If you were told confidently that it was a girl it's probably more likely to be a girl...

But we were DEFINITELY shown little boy bits (willy and testicles) and well they vanished when the swelling had subsided.

I'm like you... dead worried it won't be a little girl because we only have little girl clothing now, (mainly from Tia)...but I've had it confirmed by several different doctors now that its a girl... so fingers crossed... :D Don't worry... If you have just a few neutral clothes and it is a boy... you just get the fun of going shopping again... :D

One of the reasons our NHS trust have stopped sexing babies is because people started threatening legal action when they got it wrong! Seems a bit daft really. I found out with my first because it was just before they stopped telling people but this one is going to be a surprise.

Even thought we knew with Harry we were going to be having a boy, my mum always liked to remind me that they could be wrong and not to go too ott with buying clothes and stuff! Apparantely when my cousin was born (who's a girl) they thought she was a boy until, as squiglet has described, the swelling in her bits went down!

i think they should stop telling people lol..

has it gone through most peoples minds? are they wrong? coz it did with my 1st and i vowed that if i got pregnant again i would never find out.. and we havent.. its just easier not to know.

I went for a private scan just to make sure as I felt the same

Didnt think i was the only one to have worried (my OH thinks im a crazy loon person cos im not convinced by what they told us, he thinks they can never be wrong, the pillock :rotfl: )

Ive decided to chill out a bit though. Im gonna think its a girl, but not write off the possibility of it being a boy, at least its healthy eh? And thats all i really care about.

This preggers lark goves me the worst paranoid episodes, im driving my OH mental :rotfl: Poor bloke, hes trying to enjoy it and ive always got something to worry about. Cheers for the replies anyway. Im gonna show him later and say " see!!! I TOLD you it wasnt just meeeeeeeeeeeee!"

XXX

sazzylou said:
Ive decided to chill out a bit though. Im gonna think its a girl, but not write off the possibility of it being a boy, at least its healthy eh? And thats all i really care about.
XXX

You seem a little more relaxed today which is good, I think thats the right attitude to have :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i am :D I got more wound up cos the OH didnt really know why i was worrying, hes just chuffed to be having another one, and when i calmed down and thought about it, mi just chuffed to be having another one too. And like 1sttimemum said, theres no way i can spend the next half of my pregnancy worrying. Im just gonna stick with the clothes i have, then it wont be a problem if theyve made a mistake.

But thanks for all the replies, it helps to have a good moan :D xxx

sazzylou said:
And like 1sttimemum said, theres no way i can spend the next half of my pregnancy worrying. Im just gonna stick with the clothes i have, then it wont be a problem if theyve made a mistake.

But thanks for all the replies, it helps to have a good moan :D xxx

Awwww i'm so glad i helped amongst others. You beauty - now go enjoy

XXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27