Paracetamol

trixiehunnybun

Reaction score
Did anyone else get given paracetamol for contractions? i wanted to say to the midwife im in labour i havent got a headache! i thought it was strange and obviously pointless!

i was told to take some when I rang the labour ward the first time (it was 3 times in total!!), they said it was just to take the edge off...

i was offered paracetamol and codine at the same time but refuesed as i thought i would run out of pain relief options if i started pain relief straight away

Never heard of that personally. I did take Co-codamol during labour though which helped take the edge off the backache :)

i was told 2 take some and hav a bath, i thought theres no point in that lol so i didnt and next time i foned the mw asked if i'd done it and i hadnt so i thought "oh, ill just take some so i can say 'yes iv had some!'" so i took some they didnt do bugger all

I was given some co-codamol and told to get some sleep when I first arrived at the hospital - like that was gonna happen!! They did absolutely nothing for me, so I got into the bath which personally I found to be much more relaxing and took the edge off the pain. Definately thinking about a water birth this time as a result...

yes - paracetomol and a sleeping tablet :shock: (I was in hospital) I refused them both - the idea of being sleepy and in labour seemed a bit bizarre :think:

libs said:
the idea of being sleepy and in labour seemed a bit bizarre :think:

lol... i'd been awake for 24 hours by the time DS was born... I ended up almost falling asleep between contractions! I asked the midwife if we could stop the labour for an hour so i could get some kip!!! she just looked at me and laughed :rotfl:

I was given codeine and paracetamol when I was in the early stages of labour and it did nothing.

kitten1102 said:
libs said:
the idea of being sleepy and in labour seemed a bit bizarre :think:

lol... i'd been awake for 24 hours by the time DS was born... I ended up almost falling asleep between contractions! I asked the midwife if we could stop the labour for an hour so i could get some kip!!! she just looked at me and laughed :rotfl:

thats what worried me - now imagine doing that on a sleeping tablet :rotfl: they used to give them out like sweeties every night to all the women on my ward :shock:

I got given a paracetomol when I went in. When my contractions were really bad she just gave me another paracetomol and said this will help :shock: I just said 'You taking the piss?' lol. I was in lot's of pain and all she would offer me was a paracetomol :shock: :roll:

i got told to take paracetomol and 'get some rest' when i was in the early stages. :rotfl: yeh right. sleep with contractions constantly 4mins apart and getting more painfull.

it did nothing.

Yeah the midwife gave me paracetamol "to take the edge off" when i told her i was in agony... i promptly vomited them back up and turns out i was 9cm dilated and ready to push :rotfl:

I was offered whatever pain relief I wanted and I asked for 2 paracetamols and a bath, so until a lot later on, that's what I was on :) Then I went onto gas and air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back