Panic, extremely high TSH hormone level

BBCat

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 7+3 pregnant and found out today that my TSH (thyroid) is 12,85! I'm just devastated as I know how critical this hormone is especially in the first trimester. I'm very worried the damage has already been done and the baby's brain and nervous system have not been developing properly. Of course there's a great chance that I will have a miscarriage (which is common for such high levels of TSH) but if I don't, I'm seriously considering having an abortion. I'm meeting my doctor on Monday but don't know what to do with myself in the meanwhile.

My thyroid was perfect four months ago and I've been taking hypothyroid medicine for years.

Has anybody been in this situation? I would be grateful for any feedback.

Didn't want to read & run. Sorry to hear your news. Not been in this situation myself. Could you ring your MW and discuss your concerns? Maybe ask for her to refer you to the obs/gynea consultant?

Thank you, KeelyT90, it was very sweet of you. I guess thyroid condition is not that common.
Just an update that I went to the dr today and got tested for free hormones. These came back ok, so it seems that it's not as bad as I initially thought.

My mum suffered from an Overactive Thyroid some years ago. Aww thats good news. Least you can relax a little now. Hope everything goes well from now on x

Hi I just wanted to let you know that I also suffered with super high tsh of 14.4 last time I saw my consultant they where not seriously concerned and I am now taking more thyroxine and due to see them again next week . This is my fourth pregnancy and I have always had high tsh at first with all of them and have 3 perfect children so please try not to worry :) I also was born with congenital hypothyroidism so produce no hormones myself hope this helps a little x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back