Panic attacks

Beckyb1991

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm having a really embaressing problem today :/ .. I saw a friend in tescos today we chatted for a few minutes and I noticed baby clothes in her trolly which I assumed were for her sister who I knew was pregnant , she then dropped the bomb that she was pregnant after a 'drunkan mistake) as she was talking I felt myself getting hot and panic rising .. I felt physically sick and could barely catch my breath , I just told her I was sorry and abandoned my trolly , I couldn't breath and was shaking at this point , all I felt was pure terror and panic! Luckily a staff member saw me and sat me down and got me some water. It took a long time to calm down and after I was so embaressed I burst into tears! ... Then this evening I clicked onto facebook and saw status's of expectant mums and was hit with the pang of pure jealousy and my heart started racing ... I decided to then click onto pf but made the stupid mistake of clicking onto the bfp announcments .. I then had a full blown panic attack! I have no idea what's going on with me! I feel so stupid! I feel happy for everyone getting there bfp but of couse a little jealous! But panicing seems stupid! I suppose its because I feel that its never gonna happen for me! I'm sorry to moan to you girls but I really dunno what's going on. I just need abit of advice and support! I'm so sorry for being so stupid :( xxx

Sorry to hear you had to go through that today. Have you had panic attacks in the past? Sometimes learning more about what physically and mentally happens during an attack can help to break the vicious cycle of adrenaline fuelling thoughts and body as you can start to recognise the symptoms and take control.

And no need to apologise! Nothing stupid about panic or posting!

I've had a couple in the past but not over something silly like this. Thank you so so much hun I really appriciate it xxxx

No problem, I work in mental health, seen my fair share of full blown panic attacks both at work and at home. Hope you get back on top of them!

Last edited:
Gosh Becky I'm so sorry you are feeling so anxious. Ttc can be so all consuming that the stress can start to physically affect us, are you able to talk to your other half about it, to try and offload? Big hugs xx

So I'm not alone with my happiness but jealousy of others then. I get bad panic attacks and they can be very scary. Your time will come hun and be much loved and wanted rather than the product of a drunken fumble. Hugs xxx

I used to have terrible panic attacks and therefore can relate to you. The best thing you can do, or I found you can do is recognise the symptoms and either a) talk yourself down from it or b) distract your mind by doing a task that will busy the mind.

I don't have them many anymore , but if I am under a lot of stress, hormones are all over he place and have emotional issues, then they will strike out of the blue and will make me physically sick. However, I do what I mentioned above, I recognise it for what it is, and try and get past it. Not great advice, but I hope it helps knowing that you are not alone and that it's not an uncommon thing.

Our fears, even though we are not aware of them, get the better of us from time to time.x

Thank you meg xxx
Thank you dee , my OH half just says I'm overreacting and to grow up .. But its beyond my control :( xx
Thank you lilmisshopeful, always here for you hunni! Bigs hugs back xxx
Thank you shootingstar11 - will try that xxx

Ur def not alone hunny I'm jealous of everyone at the min wish I wasn't but can't help it! There seems to be loads of ppl I no pg or ttc and I just keep thinking why is my stupid body that can't hold on to my babies? :-( I'm glad it's not just me who is struggling at the min I'm always here if u want a chat! Xxxxxx

Its horrible isn't it nat :( really horrible watching everyone else getting bfp :( aww thanks hun! Always here for you too :) xxx

I've suffered from panic attacks for many years and have had counselling to help with them. Literally the scariest experience ever, I can totally relate to you feeling like the trigger was something silly. I use to get them if I had to go shopping alone or get on public transport. Also totally understand you feeling Bump Envy too, especially as it was described as a drunk mistake. I guess the only way to deal with it is focus on the end goal, getting worked up and anxious will only make it harder to conceive. I'd really recommend an app called Headspace for the panic attacks too! Sending lots of positivity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back