Palpatations

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Flash2510, May 10, 2016.

1. Flash2510

Flash2510 Well-Known Member

Has anyone else experienced palpitations during this trimester?

I have had them twice now, both as i'm laid in bed ready to sleep, should I be concerned.

2. SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady Well-Known Member

Yes, have had them and they need to be checked out. Can be a side effect of pregnancy but never should be taken for granted. Go to doctor, but don't worry too much. I have them and had an ECG and all was fine. Whatever you do, try to stay calm and rest and don't have too much caffeine etc. as that can make them worse.
    Do you have asthma?

3. Flash2510

Flash2510 Well-Known Member

thank you, I wasn't sure if it was just one of those things because of increased blood flow, i'll give my doctors surgery a call x

4. Applecider

Applecider Well-Known Member

I am also getting them and very short of breath - might get them checked out. Hope your ok always phone the midwife just in case xx

5. AngelLily

AngelLily Well-Known Member

I get them every day almost, they are scary but are harmless most of the time. I would advise getting yourself checked though because you can pregnancy related heart murmurs. They thought I had it but thankfully didn't. Mine happen due to stress and probably certain foods I eat.

6. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

Had them with my son and it carried on even up to now I had a 24hour tape and seemed to be fine