Paint fumes

Mrsmac1507

Reaction score
I got home today to find my oh painting our hallway (emulsion) and doors (using gloss). Baby's due any time really , I'm almost 39 weeks, but I'm really concerned about the effect Of the fumes. He's now talking about painting hall radiator with specific aerosol paint which I knOw stinks. Baby won't be sleeping in the hallway obviously but our home is really small and all the rooms lead off this hall. Does anyone know what's the officially advice on babies/ paint fumes?

I read not to let baby sleep in a freshly painted room, but thats all i no really sorryx

Not sure what the official advice is but I wouldn't worry too much about what he's already painted, maybe just open up as many doors and windows as you can to air it, but I'm sure if its not directly in baby's room then it will be fine. As for the radiator, I'd probably ask him to hold off on that if I were you, unless could he not take the radiator off and take it outside to paint and air? Xxx

I read that lighting a candle can burn away the paint fumes, if that helps. I think it took the edge off when we did painting - it's the gloss that seems the most horrendous! Wouldn't worry too much though, as long as the babies not left smelling very fresh fumes for a long time :)

Yes agreed ask him to remove the radiator and do it outside as it could cause a higher risk of sids. We found breathe easy paint tho more expensive really good from crown I'm not sure if they do a breathe easy radiator paint but u could check buy from b and q or homebase and is99%solvent free x

It really depends on the paint. Some are toxic and some aren't. Water based paint should be ok, the oil base I think should be dry, but you should double check that.

Think I'll tell him just to leave it, it not worth the risk and worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back