Paint fumes?

Fermerswife

Reaction score
Hi girls, hope you're all having a nice Sunday morning!

Anyway last night we went outfor dinner in a fancy new restaurant, i was really looking forward to it as it may be the last nice meal out we have for a while!

Anyway being a new place as soon as I walked in the door all I could smelll was paint fumes ;(. As we'd been looking forward to it so much I didnt say anything but it ruined my meal and we left quite quickly after finishing so it wasnt the nice relaxing experience it was meant to be. Hubby said the smell wasnt too bad so maybe it was just me being over sensitive.

Anyway I was so disappointed. I'm imaging now i'm near the end and baby is fully developed its not a big deal but I guess I am a little worried and just sad that that worry ruined my night.

Just a bit of a moan reallly and any reassurance is of course appreciated!

I wouldn't have thought it would have an effect on baby at all, our bodies are pretty good at filtering out things we breath in. The fetus takes a higher level of oxygen from our blood than the mother anyway. And especially as hubby didn't smell it much, it probably wasn't that strong. Obviously being in a room with no ventilation and fumes would be a bad move, but frankly that would apply even if you weren't pregnant!
It's a shame it ruined your meal though! Boo!!! It would have ruined mine too, my nose is sensitive to smell at the best of times so since pregnancy it's been ridiculous! I'm always sniffing round for things at home that are annoying me!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back