pains

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by tattybear85, Nov 20, 2007.

1. tattybear85

tattybear85 Well-Known Member

i have just had the worst cramping pain ever enough to make me cry( i have a high pain barrier)...alot different ot growing pains which i have been having overthe past few days

i dunno what to do shall i phone the midwife just incase even though imaybe sounding silly

or wait to see if i get anymore??

Thanks in advance

xx

2. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks ago I had cramping, I took a couple of Paracetamol and it eased off.
    Mine never felt like stretching pains either they felt a bit like period pains to be honest.

If you are worried contact your midwife though to put your mind at rest.

3. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

If it were me I'd phone the midwife to be on the safe side. Your poor body must be stretching loads with two in there though.
    I hope the pain eases soon

4. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

Double the stretching pain I'd say and maybe braxton hicks?

5. tattybear85

tattybear85 Well-Known Member

noo it was way different to a braxton hick i was having those the other day and the memories of giving birth came flooding back!

I havent had anymore cramps but i do now feel very very sore on my left side of my belly and just under slightly...maybe it was just an intense bit of growing. if i get another one though il have to give them a ring

My consultant said to me to ring if i have any sort of pain but i dont know what they mean by that...any ache and pain or intense long pains :?

6. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

you'll know the difference, seems I've forgotten the joys of pregnancy since my first (shes going to be 8 next year)

7. clarey

clarey Well-Known Member

I had really bad pains like this around 19 weeks, when I asked about it the midwife said it could be a pulled muscle - she pointed out that if you were to have a lump that size growing in you without the relaxing hormone working you would be in agony and sometimes the system can fail you and you pull a muscle by getting up without using your arms to push you or even by sneezing!!
    Hope its nothing more sinister, I am sure two is putting alot more pressure on your muscles too, take it easy :hug: