pains

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
hi

has anyone experienced sharp stabbing pains at the top of their bump, sort of under your breasts. The baby is not really moving a lot at the moment but i am getting these sharp pains.

x

I havent had anything like that, how often do you get it?
maybe its worth phoneing your midwife just to check it out?

On the right or left side?

On your left side, it's probably heartburn...I've been getting tinglings there for weeks and the doc says it's stomach acid. Do they go away when you drink some milk?

On your right side, I dunno but your gall bladder, liver and spleen are all on that side. Maybe check with doc?

Severe gastric pain is also one of the symptoms of pre-eclampsia. So i would get it checked hun.

Sue

no its on both sides at the top of my bump, one under each boob.

This may possibly just be stretching.. I have had similar feelings on both sides especially lately, they don't last for long though.

It can not hurt to call and ask though as this will put your mind at rest.

Hope you are not in to much pain from this!!!

Tineke

Hi

thanks for the responses.

It just hurts a bit, i can tolerate it but also i am soooo tired. hubby has severe flu (just a cold really between me and you) and he was up and down all night.

x

I dont get sharp stabbing pains but I do get a pain that lasts for a bit then dissappears. I have put it down to stretching. If your worried I would phone the midwife. Hope the pain goes soon.

thanks for the responses.

i have got midwife next thursday and will probably mention the pains then. i am not too concerned at the moment, but i will keep an eye on it. mind you my stomach at the top feels pretty much stretched to capacity, so maybe thats what the pains were, especially as they were in the same position on both sides.

it just helps to speak to people on this site though.

thanks

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back