pains

shell6

Reaction score
I keep getting period like pains in the middle of the night that last for a couple of hours.

Is this normal?

Shell

14w3d

Hello Shell -

Listen, you have nothing to worry about :)

Those pains scared the hell out of me too, so much so that I called my mw and went to hospital to get checked. But, they're just your uterus contracting to make room for your baby as it's growing so rapidly right now. I still get the odd twinge but they tend to be less noticeable when you know what they are.

So, don't panic, all is ok - but if they get more intense or evolve into definite period pains, get on the phone to your mw and she'll help. This is my 1st pg, so I know what it's like to feel as though you don't know what the hell's happening to you:)

Take care,
Esh xxx

I know how you feel. I was terrified when I felt AF type cramps or any type of cramps for that matter! I don't think you need to worry unless they get to be unbearable or you experience any spotting or heavy bleeding as well. You could be experiencing round ligament pain which is the ligaments that support the uterus stretching to make more room for the growing uterus. You're early in your 2nd tri so that's what it could be. Talk to your midwife or doctor though for peace of mind!

I get exactly the same thing and it was quite worrying a first but have got used to it now. Am 23 weeks now.
Don't worry its your body getting ready for the big day!

CK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back