Pains im having tonight can't be normal

MissSara

Reaction score
I've waited and waited because i didn't want to post on here to tempt fate and i hope that the pains would go away.

Had a bath about an hour ago and been laid on the sofa but when i'm moving im getting pains and when i'm breathing in the sharp pains are present too.
I'm really scared as i haven't had these pains before and i'm trying not to worry as i know theres nothing i can do, im just praying that they go away soon as i want this baby more than anything i've ever wanted before.

I'm not sure what to do, i'm trying to stay here on the sofa and not do ANYTHING and hope when i wake up tomorrow they will have gone.

:hug: :hug:
where are the pains hun?
everything growing and moving about, it's probably just that.

I know in early pregnancy with Jack one night I had the worst tummy pains, I spent night curled up in bed cying with the pain thinking the worst.

I'm sure you'll be fine :hug: :hug: :hug:

There really low down, just before my pubic area, i know i read so many posts on here about the pains and twinges and stuff, and in most cases everything turns out to be fine, thats why i didn't want to post on here and mention it.
But ive had twinges and lil pains these ones just seem to happen with the slighest movement at all. Ive even just made my OH pray with me and we are not religious at all x

I had really sharp twinges when I was in First tri hun, especially when I moved, breathed, laughed or coughed. I still get them now sometimes too. Try not to worry, just rest as it will make you feel better and hopefully they'll be gone tommorrow :hug: :hug: :hug:

xx

im honestly not making light of the situation but could it be wind. It might need to go up or down. Maybe try having a coffee or something that would usually make you go to the loo. :hug:

I kept getting small pains but was told it could be where my womb and organs were starting to shift & stretch to make way for my evergrowing bump - could be the same for you?

Even if the pains go away, just call your GP to put your mind at rest. I'm sure everything is fine x

Baby can't have mummy worrying :( xx

lauramumof2 said:
im honestly not making light of the situation but could it be wind. It might need to go up or down. Maybe try having a coffee or something that would usually make you go to the loo. :hug:

god yes! I forgot all about trapped wind! Ouch that really hurts....had that tons in for the first few months. Now its passed the trapped stage...sometimes I wish it was trapped :rotfl:

I find that if I move quickly I get a shooting pain as if I've strained something, I move about so gingerly now! I'm sure your pains will fade and everything will turn out ok. If you are worried you should ring your doctor to put your mind at rest though hun :hug:

Also sometimes I wish my wind was slightly more trapped than freefall :oops: :lol:

I have also been getting times when my lower stomach around the pubic area has been very painful. It really worries me when it happens but it does seem to go away eventually and if there is no bleeding, I understand that it is most likely the stretching. I think that you are doing the right thing by putting your feet up. I will be praying for you that it's all OK too.
:hug: :hug:

That must be really scary - are you drinking enough water? When I don't drink enough I get crampy down there. Hope it clears up soon for you.

I had another bath last night before bed and the pains seem to have not carried on through the night so i'm guessing it was me worrying over nothing, i'm sorry to bug you guys.

But i am making an appointment to see my gp as yesterday whilst on my dinner i triped over a raised bit of concrete in tesco car park and looking back now it seems that the pains accured since then. I also will add that it is a stupid mistake by tesco that accidents like this happen.

I'm sure my gp will be able to reassure me aswell as you guys have, thankyou for my replies and i'll let youknow what my gp says.

Hi Sara, how are you doing this morning? I'm sure the pains are pretty normal and nothing to worry about, like the others have said, trapped wind is an occupational hazzard at the moment! xx

Hi Misssara, hope all is well this morning, i know how you feel now, woke up at 3.30 with the most painful cramps ever, even worse than period pains, was so scared was sure i was gonna be bleeding but thankfully nothing, had to take paracetamol and use a hot water bottle in the end, finally fell asleep at 6, and they seem to have gone now just back to dull back ache. take it easy today hope everything is ok.

Yeah OH has just sent me back to bed with an hot water bottle...... bless him, not that staying in this room is gunna do me much good I'll leave him to it he like to think he's helping.
He can put up with Harrisons temper tantrums later when he can't get his own way.....lol
Hope you feel better soon aswell xxx

In my fisrt pregnancy 4 years ago I had those exct same pains that you're describing. I got myself in such a panic that DH took me to A&E, after a harsh word from triage for not going to doctors fisrt (it was 6pm) a two hour wait, seen by various doctors, an internal an anxious wait overnite then a scan in the morning everything was absolutely fine. I had no further problems. Strange time, scary time and no explanation as to why. Just thought I'd share and hopefully put your mind at rest.

Spoke to the gp as you can never get an appointment on a friday due to all the old dears going down for their weekly appointments before the weekend.
He called me back and just said that he doesn't feel that there is anything to worry about as i'm due to get my scan appointment through soon it would be pointless going for one as i have no bleeding and i'm not in a serious amount of pain.

Sorry i know he's right and he proberly has to make loads of these calls but how does he know all this without even seeing me?

He also pointed out that if i did start to bleed and have pain i should contact my chosen hospital and make my way there, but he feels that with rest it should all pass and everything be fine.

Now i feel like an idiot for wasting your time.......... lol, sorry for being a paranoid mess, ignore me in future.....lol

MissSara don't apologise for posting your concerns....it helps other people who are experiencing the same symptoms but are too scared to ask when these things happen (like me) :oops: . Hope the pain goes away soon but keep hassling your doctor if you're not happy with the response as it's better to be reassured than stressed. When I had severe pains (with some spotting too) I got a scan by the end of the week - although as the doctor said there would be little they could do if there was a problem, at least it put my mind at rest....I would be climbing the walls by now otherwise.

Hey, at least you didn't cart yourself off to A&E :oops: :wall:

I know how scary it is

I'd just like to thank you all for taking time to post back, glad i went to bed though or i would have carted myself off to a&e....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back