Painfully engorged breast

ruby2015

Reaction score
Since yesterday one breast has been painfully engorged- absolute agony, even just when I lift my arm or walk. It feels like it's bruised all over and is massive compared to the other one. I'm still using it for nursing but I'm not sure how much milk he's actually getting- he's not gulping as much as he does with the other one but he does stay latched on for a while. I've tried to express but hardly anything comes out and it makes it even more sore.
What can I do? How do the hot / cold compresses work? I'm so uncomfortable :-(

When I was engorged on one side the Dr said to keep feeding from that side. A hot shower may also help. Sorry I don't have anymore advice but I feel for you its awful

Im the same its always the left one was with elise too i hope that wen merida wants fed she drains me an it relieves the pain mw told me if i found i had lumps to hand express kind of to push the lumpy bits towards the nipple then wen feeding it shud b got by baby but sumtimes my boobs sting an feel like theyre gonna explode xx

Have you tried changing babies position? If you point their nose in the direction of any lumps etc it should help clear that area. Can lead to some pretty funky feeding positions but I found it helped when i breastfed last time

Thanks for all the great tips. It's like one giant swollen lump though so I don't know where to start :-( he was definitely getting milk earlier though so maybe I just have to persevere. Good to know I'm not alone but I'm sorry you're all going through/ have been through the same! Thanks again ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back