Pain

Flo

Reaction score
Need some advice. I'm suffering a lot with pain in back well really low down. I've been trying to walk go work as normal but today I'm in agony. All down the back of my legs and bottom. I see. Chiropractor but not that regulary. And ideas what it could be. Or should I go to the gp and see what they say. I can't carry on as it's getting difficult getting trousers on or picking things up from the floor. :(:(

I was just about to post about this. Had a really bad night in work even though I'm sitting where possible I'm still in agony so I've booked a appointment to see a doctor this morning and hopefully he can sign me off work. Horrible isn't it chick! I will post and tell you what they say. Take it easy xxxx

I've been off for two weeks and a further two weeks after physio this morning. Pain is right where bra strap is.
If its bad chick get to doctors they will sign u off x

She advised me to sign myself off for a week and if I need another she will write me a note. Also been advised for physio. Do I get payed for this first week? X

Has your doctor signed you off babes like a note or anything saying not fit for work?
If you've signed yourself off I'm unsure? Xxx

Hi - sounds like sciatica - it's really horrible & needs anti inflammatories so I think you're better off seeing your gp as I don't know if they're safe in pregnancy. I've had a few bouts of it - once where I couldn't sit, let alone stand up (ended up calling doc out) but that was the worst it had ever been. It's to do with the sciatic nerve in your back (could be pinched or pulled) & the pain runs down your leg from your bum. I hope it gets better soon. Good luck x

Im getting this as well, the exact same pain as you describe! It getting so bad that im having to get my partner or family to roll me over if im on my back because it gets quite bad and the grinding and shooting pains down my legs become a bit unbearable sometimes. I called my midwife on wednesday and she has put me through to physio, so maybe you should do this? I have a feeling that is what your doctor will do as well, and you will need to see them anyway if you need time off work to rest, recooperate and look after you and baby!!

As far as pay goes, I thought that all pregnant women are entitled to paid sick leave at any point during pregnancy and for however long is necessary :)

x

You get it from the reception at docs and fill it in called 'statutory sick pay employees statement of sickness' x

Uhave to check with employer im only entitled to 4 weeks and that's a doctors sick note not a self certified one.
Mines the same but doctor has ticked unfit for work then signed the bottom?
Is yours the same? X

I've managed to get through today. God knows how I'm in agony. Defo going to the docs on Monday. I've barely walked anywhere today in the hope that it helps. I've also had it where I can't get back up if I'm on my back I nearly scream in pain. Hopefully they will be able to sort me out.

Aw we shouldn't have to get through it. Have a nice rest over the weekend maybe try hot and cool compresses that's what the doc said to me and paracetamol but I'm not taking them. No Jodie I've just filled it in myself think I should get get stat mat pay after first 3 days at least xx

I was about to post about this!

I have terrible pain down the back of my left thigh. It started with numbness about a fortnight ago and now I'm close to tears! Typically I totally forgot to ask the midwife about it at my 16 week appointment.

Does anyone have any tips on how to sit/lie? I can't find a way without pain!

I'm not sure i have the sane. I get a pain in my left bum cheek that can go up or down too from thigh to back but 90% just bum and bit below. I use a hot water bottle to help (not sure it's advised in pregnancy) have a warm bath and see a deep tissue massage lady once a month to help. I normally get neck and back pain from tension that she helps me with but that's a lot better since being pregnant (think I'm trying hard to keep stress down) but my bum is now painful!! I get cramp in my toes often too worse this side. If it carries on I'll add it to my list of things to ask the doctor about in 10 days (list includes weekly migraines and lump on nipple). I'm falling apart!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back