Pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca1

Reaction score
Afternoon Everyone,

Well I think the last post i posted was confirming i was preggers!!!
Im now 191/2 weeks, got my 20wk scan on Monday!!! Woo hoo! It's exciting!! Baby is kicking all the time, which is a weird feeling!! Fiance is about demented with me wakening him up when he's drifting into a sleep and telling him to feel as baby is kicking!!!! It's soooooooooooooooo exciting!!!! Baby is actually kicking like mad jst now, but it's a great feeling to know it's alive & kicking!!!!
Anyway to the point, i have had a pain in my right side, above my hip bone! I felt this yesterday early evening, and i can only feel the pain when i take a deep breath in or hiccup!! It feels like a stitch, you know when you'd get when you've been doing excerice or something. I have phoned my midwife, but there was no answer so i left a message for some1 to get back to me!!! I'd jst wanted to know if any1 else has felt this!!! Im worried a little that it is something bad, but to feel the baby still kicking is more reassuring than anything!!! Could the baby maybe be against something in there to cause this pain?! Remembering it's not a constant pain, it's just when i take a breath?!
Hope someone can be of help!
Thank You Once Again
Rebeccaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Rebecca

I know it's easy for me too say, but try not too worry too much. I often got stitch like pain when I coughed or sneezed...The pain used to take my breath away!....This type of pain is most often related to the ligaments that attach to the sides of the uterus and become greatly stretched as the uterus is expanding. Women experience this at different times of the pregnancy, and some have more problems with it than others. Sometimes, the pain is worst between 12 and 24 weeks – after which the uterus becomes better supported by the pelvis. Women have had some relief with the use of maternity girdles, which support the uterus. Control-top tights are also supposed to be good.

Hope the pain goes soon, I know it's not nice when you do get it!

I got this pain a couple of times last week. Mentioned it to the doc as I was seeing him anyway, he didn't seem too concerned.

Hi Rebecca

Im now 22 weeks 3 days (like to be precise) and Ive been having these ligament pains for ages now. Because this isnt my first baby but my 6th I remember them from my last pregnancys.

They are definately like Cramp pains..and they are where you would follow from your bikini line up where you stomach is. (like in a semi circle) Sometimes I literally "get stuck" cos I cant move cos its so painful. I do find that if you rub your hand over the area it does help a little but its normally a case of waiting for it to pass. I know as I got bigger in the last pregnancies they seemed to worse at night turning over...or being unable to !!!

But hey..im having my 6th so it cant be all bad eh lol

Good luck with your pregnancy
Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2