Pain when baby moves

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Chrissi, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Chrissi

Chrissi Well-Known Member

Does anyone else get this pain? I'm 32+5 and when baby I presume is twisting or turning I get this pain in the top of my bump.
    Also when I've don't alot of lifting etc (washing baskets) I get a hard lump at the top of bump which I'm hoping is still bum! That doesn't hurt, but just feels tight, is that braxton hicks? Sounds stupid I know but I'm not sure what they are! Xx

2. blueberrybaby8

blueberrybaby8 Well-Known Member

it maybe just your uterus muscles tightening around baby when you use them, but baby's getting bigger and so feels a little tighter? especially in places that may be sticking out like bottom or elbows or knees! would feel sore, hope your not in too much discomfort x

3. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

Yep! I'm 36 weeks and not much room for bubs to move. I had really bad cramps earlier thought it were contractions lol xx

4. Mel32

Mel32 Well-Known Member

sometimes my stomach goes absolutely solid on and off for most of the day, don't know if its Braxton hicks but it makes sitting/office work really hard. Sometimes I can feel ots the baby but sometimes the whole bump is solid.

also get a lot of pain/discomfort on top right of bump at my ribs, the skin almost feels numb too- is it like that?

5. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I'm only 27 weeks but my hump does hard when I'm at work doing stuff, also I remember it hurting when my first moves later on, I just put it down to less room

6. MrsP42

MrsP42 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me you are at the right point for you to be able to "feel" them a lot more. I am getting them the very top of my bump tightens and then relaxes again but not painful yet as still plenty of room for baby! :)

7. Chrissi

Chrissi Well-Known Member

Thankyou ladies and Mel sometimes my bump does go numb xx

8. mollythemama

mollythemama Well-Known Member

I find it really hard to distinguish braxton hicks, not really sure if I've had them or not but apparently we all have them, we're just not all aware of them.

I too have the lump at the top of my bump, I notice it when I get out of the bath as I pull myself out, my muscles tighten and that's when I see baby's bum sticking up. I asked the midwife about it and she said that's what it probably is.