Pain in the pelvic area

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi!!

I talked to my GP about this but I was not very satisifed with the answer she gave me. I am having some shooting pains in the pelvic area and sometimes right on the vagina.(sorry for the details :oops: )
My GP said it is just my muscles relaxing, that is why I have got back pains and pains described above. She did not seem interested in what I was having to say so I prefer asking for your advice on this as well!!! Also, just before going to bed, I have pains like bad period pains. It last for an hour or so and then disappear.
I know i should trust my GP, it might be hormones doing this but this is my first and if I have the feeling the GP is not paying attention to what I said I am getting a bit paranoid!!!

Thanks,Nath

hi,
i had the same with my first and second babies and it is just starting again now, my gp said the same as what your gp said, that it was just the muscles relaxing.
if you are still worried tho i would go back and see your gp or ask your midwife about it.

sarah

image.php

My midwife said it occurs when the baby is pressing on a nerve - it can be quite painful can't it!

Hiya Futuremum

I have had those pains too and was always under the impression that the baby is lying on a nerve. So far this time I havnt had them, but when I saw the midwife on Tuesday she said that the baby was lying across me and not head down yet, so I guess my time will come !!

I do know exactly what you mean though...shooting pains right down below.

As for the period like pains, perhaps you are very busy before bed ?? Or is it Braxton Hicks starting ?? They can feel like period pains. Does your stomach get hard ? If so then I bet thats what it is. Try having a relaxing bath and see it helps..?

As for the Doctor...I know exactly what you mean, hence my post earlier "Why dont Doctors give you more information" Remember once saying to a Doctor..."its hardly Peak Practice is it"

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxx

I get the same kinda pains and have found over the last few days my hips have been really aching which isnt good as i suffer with my right side anyway! My midwife also told me that the ligaments are strecthing and stuff iwill feel some pains etc :D

I get the same kind of pains and last night I was in agony I couldn't move :(

My doctor said exactly the same thing to me though, that and growing pains. They hurt so much I really question 'can it really just be growing pains and muscles relaxing'? Get fed up of asking though coz I get the same answer. :roll:

Try again if your not happy babe, maybe with another doctor at your surgery?

Hi evreyone!!!

Thanks for answering so quickly !!! I have an appointment booked in 3 weeks to see the midwife so will ask her, they have to do all blood test at 28 weeks but because I will have my glucose test at the same time, i booked the midwife a week earlier!!!

Funny to think that muscles relaxing give you pains!!!! I do not really know about Braxton Hicks, this is my first and have not got a clue!!! It had to be the gp telling me the baby was kicking during a heart beat check that I realised the sensations I was feeling was the baby kicking :lol: As long as it is not the baby dropping, I am fine with the rest lol

thanks, nathalie

I got told the same that its muscles relaxing but god arent they painful!

I didn't go to my GP but I asked a colleague and my SIL who have ten children between them. They didn't bat an eyelid.
The period like aches are the most worrying but I've been getting them right since about week 9, and I've had two scans since then for other stuff. As for the shooting pains, yes they are bad, I almost doubled over once...right down below, I thought this is it! and then it just went.
I think you only need to worry with those pains if they are continuous and last hours and hours. Otherwise a nice warm hot water bottle near the small of your back works wonders.

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back