Pain in side

Yvonne

Reaction score
Hi,

I have started a couple of new topics today but this is the last i promise!!

I have been having pains in my side, just above my hip for a couple of hours now. the only thing is i haven't been going to the toilet properly for the last fews days and i know your bowel is on the left and i dont want to mither the midwives if it is because of that,

I dont know what to do, its only worse when i stand up.
Also i had suspected ectopic with Amy which turned out to be nothing

I would ring NHS Direct if you don't want to call your midwife, but as I have found - your midwife would probably rather you call and ask them than sit and worry!

Hope the pain gts better and gets sorted xx

its nothing but worry all this pregnancy lark, the men sit back and think they have done their job by putting it there!!! only joking mine worries more than me.

Still have the pain, i have just been to the toilet and there is slight blood on the tissue but i cant work out which bit its come from, sorry if its not what you want to hear!! :oops:

I sometimes get that if i have trouble going, sorry too much info again :oops: i just want you to get the full picture without thinking i dont care, it may be the baby but it would be embarrassing if it was just constipation causing it!

I have exactly the same (pain in the side) and mine's from constipation, if that makes you feel any better.

I thought that but i have noticed some bleeding, not dripping from me, just on the tissue, i'm gonna see if it eases if not i'm gonna go to A+E. i haven't seen my midwife or anything though to take my notes or anything.

it got to the point earlier i couldn't stand up without doubling over it was like a pulling pain.

i'll see, i'll keep in touch for anyone who is interested

Do you know where the blood is coming from? I was doubled over the other day with constipation cramps and had some blood but it was from the back rather than the front if you know what I mean.

Thats what i'm not sure of, i think its from the back,
the pain is on the left hand side only, its not that i haven't been going i just haven't been properly, sorry too much info!! :oops:

thanks for the advice

Obviously I want you to get checked out if you're worried but I hope I can put your mind at rest because I think you're experiencing the same as me. I'm used to them as I suffered a lot with it before I got PG so I know what it feels like already. My pain is just on the left, just above the hip, sometimes up to just below my ribs. If you press on the area sometimes it feels hard. I know what my pains are because I recognise them to be my bowels as I have always suffered with them, but I suppose if you haven't had it before it can be scary.

I have suffered with it before as i have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, but it had subsided, probably that coming back due to hormones.

Speak soon :D

My IBS has totally settled down now since being pregnant! Yours might not I guess. Hope you sort the pain out soon hunnie xx

I had a pain on my left side most of the day yeserday, but it turned out to be my new friend 'trapped wind' :oops:

I actually managed to go to the toilet at about 8pm and the pain went away. Probably too much information, btu it was a massive relief.

I am starting to get used to this.

However if the pain is intense and doesn't go away when you lay down I would get it checked out to be safe.

well, it kept me awake for the majority of the night last night, just uncomfortable more than anything.
i got up this morning amd my whole stomach hurts, its probably toilet problems!!! :cry:

i've had nothing good up to now in this pregnancy, i permanently feel sick, i have to watch what i'm eating, constipation, extreme exhaustion. Probably like eceryone else but i didn't have this with Amy so its a shock! :shock:

oh well it will sort itself out if its nothing serious

You may find if its constipation (which it sounds like) you can get something from your GP to help ease it, I know you cant take anything with Sena in it like a lot of over the counter medicens but there are other alternatives, its worth doing if your in this much pain. Constipation is rather common in pregnancy.

i have been already, they gave me fibrogel, but it easier said than done taking it when you have morning sickness, especially that stuff its really gloopy!!

I will have to see how i go this afternoon, if it doesn't get any better i will ring maternity and just ask advice.

Thanks
Yvonne

Hope it's sorted itself out by now. I've suffered with IBS for years but mine goes the other way and I rarely get constipated but I did last week and I had a right old panic about the pain too and really didn't like to have to push (sorry if that's too much info!). I think it happened because I'd not wanted to eat anything but bland carbos all week- mostly white bread which is most unlike me. I've been eating 5 prunes at breakfast after that and it's been better. Also my Mum gave me a few helpful tips as she suffered from it badly with me- if you do need to go and want to avoid having to push too hard put your feet on an upturned washing bowl of some king of footrest as then it's much easier. If that fails, now I know this sounds funny but trust me it works, squat over the same bowl and use it like a potty. Obviously that bowl is henceforth never top be used for washing up again but you can get them cheap in pound shops and it's worth it to avoid piles! I went on holiday to Japan a few years ago and their toilets are like long potties that flush- you squat rather than sit and apparently they get a lot fewer problems with constipation and piles etc as it's a more natural position. Sorry if I've grossed anyone out but it might just help?

+++

Thanks for those tips, wierd but helpful!! :lol:

I'm still getting the pain and my partner is plying me with fig rolls which have helped in the past.

i just dont want to go to get it checked out for me to be kept in for tests and sent home again with nothing wrong, its embarrassing.

Yeah I can sympathise with that, don't let it go too long though if it's painful.

Hope you get some relief soon

+++

the pain is still there but its alot easier than it was.

its all sent to worry you, and i've had my fair share!! :D

its all worth it in the end :D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back