Pain in right groin

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Blueclass, May 26, 2016.

1. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Hi I'm guessing this I normal but have no idea. Today I have had a pain the right side of my groin. It's got worse as the day has gone on. It only happens when I stand up or try to walk which by the way is agony. Hubby just had to help me to have a pee lol couldn't walk properly. If I sit it's ok but as soon as I get up its like leg is going to give way on me. Anyone else had this and what is it?

2. iwanttobeamumm

iwanttobeamumm Well-Known Member

sounds like spd to me id get to physio asap before it gets worse x

3. love87

love87 Well-Known Member

Definitely SPD. I have had it bad for months. All in my groin area. X

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

4. YorksLass

YorksLass Well-Known Member

I'd triple that! I have some epic struggles trying to get out of chairs sometimes lol
    I think baby dropping and head engaging has made it worse too - might be that you're also feeling!

5. Overthemoon2

Overthemoon2 Well-Known Member

I've had this too! Just thought it was baby moving down xx

6. Blueclass

I did wonder about spd as iv heard people saying they couldn't walk ect. It was so painful I was nearly crawling into the bathroom in the night. It's not as bad this morning so I'm hoping she was on a nerve or something. I dint wish that pain on anyone.

7. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

I have SPD and SJD and I'm not even 14 weeks yet, I can't even turnover in bed. I could potentially end up in a wheelchair in this pregnancy.
    It might just be pressure pains if baby is low or has dropped, engaged etc. Or lay on a nerve. My friend is a week overdue and the last week she's had some groin pain.
    With SPD it feels like something is pushing your pelvis out to the side from Inbetween your legs like it's being stretched on the verge of snapping.
    SJD is around the back of the pelvis and lower back pains, almost feels like sciatica.
    Its taken 3 weeks to get my physio referral through for mine. With you being in Tri 3 hopefully its not SPD as by the time you get physio long enough to take effect you'll have had baby.
    Get yourself a maternity support belt from mother care to help bear the weight of bump off your pelvis and rest. Try not to push trolleys when shopping etc xx

8. Blueclass

Yours sounds absolutely awful. I feel a lot better today so hoping she was on a nerve. I'm having a sweep today so hopefully that will get things moving. Hope you get some relief from physio and all the best.

9. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for you! Lots of bouncing on a yoga ball this weekend for you :) x