Pain in my Shoulder / Arm???

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
The past two or three days ive been getting a pain in my shoulder which is now creeping down my arm. At first it was just my left arm but now my right shoulder hurts at time as well.

My left arm feels odd today. Sorta like im going to get pins and needles or that its going numb. Feels dead heavy. I get this normally if im going to have a bad migraine but I haven't progressed to having a migraine yet and normally would of had it started by now.

Anyone shed any light on this or is it just cause ive had cold??? starting to annoy me now like!!

OMG you've described the exact same thing i have. It's really wierd feeling, kinda like someone has punched me in the arm and it's gone like a dead arm but doesn't really hurt. Feels kinda heavy aswell and like my hand isn't responding properly when moving it.

I looked into carpal tunnel but don't think it's that as that is usually only in your hand and not in your upper arm. I've asked both my midwife and my doctor and they both just looked at me kinda wierdly and said it's probably a trapped nerve!!

Can't say i have much confidence in that diagnosis but they didn't seem overly concerned anyway!!

:hug:

Yeah thats exactly how mine feels. I have to keep moving my wrist as it feels like im going to loose the feeling in my arm. Def feels like a dead arm. Doing my head in now :(

I know, really annoying, i keep feeling like i'm gonna drop things!

I've had it on and off for a few weeks now :wall:

Grrrrr

Hi sorry to hear of ur pain not sure what the cause could be but thought id send some hugs your way :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi MrsB - sent you a quick not in my other post - good to see you again :)
Had this in my leg the last few days... just thought it may be lack of movement as it was in bed or if I've been sat for a while. Not sure if it's the same thing?

x

timtam said:
Had this in my leg the last few days... just thought it may be lack of movement as it was in bed or if I've been sat for a while. Not sure if it's the same thing?

x

I had this in my leg and it was a trapped siatic nearve, which was caused they think by the position of the baby, but not sure if that could effect your shoulders and arms??

hope you girls feel better soon xx :hug: :hug:

timtam said:

x

hey hun :wave:

Ive been getting it in my legs and put that down to where ever little man is lying but as firstangel says I didnt think it would be able to effect my arms?!?! maybe it can. It seems to have worn off abit now tis very odd :think:

ive had the same kind of feeling in my left leg the last couple of days,not sure if bubs is laid on a nerve or something? :think:
i dont think the arm problems are carpal tunnel as i have this and it only affects my fingers and wrists. :?

*CLAIREBEAR* said:
ive had the same kind of feeling in my left leg the last couple of days,not sure if bubs is laid on a nerve or something? :think:
i dont think the arm problems are carpal tunnel as i have this and it only affects my fingers and wrists. :?

Im at the midwife on tuesday anyway so will mention it to her to be on the safe side. Its worse when I first get up so maybe its just from lying down over night etc and circulation?!?!

:think: hmmmmmmm im not sure,i think our bodys do some strange things while pregnant!!! (well mine has!!) :doh:

yeah yr right claire I didnt have a clue if im honest exactly what to expect so i guess its just another wonderful side effect of been pregnant :wall: :lol: oooh the joys!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back