Pain in bump when walking?

SiameseCatLady

Reaction score
Hiya. I am 28 + 5.
I have stitch/bruised like pains in my bump, mostly underneath it, when walking. Sometimes above it too. Usually all fine when I sit down, but sometimes sore to the touch. Think baby is moving position a lot and last week was at DAU and they said it was breach and constantly changing position.
Only way I seem to make it better is by resting, but that isn't always so easy! Doing my very best...
Anyone had similar? Googling a little (silly I know) and saw about scary things, but it's not constant and only when I am doing things. Bump gets tight too, but this isn't always at the same time as pain.
Sorry for bugging people with another anxiety issue. :-(

I'm 28+4 and get stitch sometimes. I just slow down when I'm walking (I'm a fast walker usually so it's hard!) and when I stand still I away from side to side to ease it and back ache. I know I look mental but I don't care!!

I'm only 22w, but have started to get this too. My bump gets really tense and sore if I walk long distances and I have to go slowly.. It's a horrid feeling! I thought it was due to it being my second pregnancy so my tummy muscles not being so strong x

Are they braxton hicks?? I get this too all the time, and am pretty sure it is braxton hicks xx

Ah... Glad to hear others the same!
I am it sure if Brixton hicks.... So hard to tell! Crossed my mind, but not sure as the tightenings don't coincide with the pain and MW said they would.
Trying a support belt... Will see what happens!
Cherry - I think it could be partly my stomach muscles as they were awful before anyway.
Rang delivery unit at hospital earlier and midwife there said it sounded like SPD to her. Has recommended only moving out of positions using two legs, bringing knees up and keeping them together.
Said if it continues, take paracetamol and get referred to physio.
Thought SPD was more to do with hips, which seem OK. It's more my bump than anything. Rest is the only thing that touches it at the moment.
Ah, the joys of growing mini humans! Slightly tongue in cheek as it's the best thing I've ever done in my life, really!

Yup 28+5 and too much walking gives me stitch like feelings under bump. Funnily enough in the same spot I got the ligament pain at about 18-20 weeks so I think it's a weak area for me.

Ah... Glad to hear others the same!
I am it sure if Brixton hicks.... So hard to tell! Crossed my mind, but not sure as the tightenings don't coincide with the pain and MW said they would.
Trying a support belt... Will see what happens!
Cherry - I think it could be partly my stomach muscles as they were awful before anyway.
Rang delivery unit at hospital earlier and midwife there said it sounded like SPD to her. Has recommended only moving out of positions using two legs, bringing knees up and keeping them together.
Said if it continues, take paracetamol and get referred to physio.
Thought SPD was more to do with hips, which seem OK. It's more my bump than anything. Rest is the only thing that touches it at the moment.
Ah, the joys of growing mini humans! Slightly tongue in cheek as it's the best thing I've ever done in my life, really!

I get some days my bump is achier than others when Im walking, almost tender.

I also have SPD but I feel like Ive been doing the splits, and feel like my hips joints and back is sore - however it did start with the tender bump as Id put it down to growing etc.

Ive also to do the exercises, quite hard to remember each time though. I imagine Ill maybe need a belt - to go to physio if it persists until the next MW appt (28w)

xxxx

Interesting that yours started with tender bump, RM. Have appointment with MW next week so might ask for some more help too.
Could you call MW earlier and ask for some earlier help? Sounds like it's hellish for you.
Yes, it's almost tender and mostly right underneath bump. Having stitch like pains in bump too, but usually when sat for too long in wrong position.
Xxxx

I got really bad stitch pains that would happen like weird times like going down stairs and a lot of the time I hadn't even been walking long but I do take my time now.

Then my bump would get like tender or tight almost kind of a muscular ache as it didn't come from my womb if that makes sense lol but then as the weeks went on if I lay too long a certain way my back and hips get sore and some days I feel like my legs have been pulled apart. Feel really clicky too.

The soreness and tenderness comes and goes just now so it's not like agonising yet so I'd rather see how I go first if it gets like really bad I'll just phone physio myself as there's one near my work.

MW showed me some exercises and says about this time with the added hormones it can flare up and apparently it helps joints for when in labour so I guess there's a silver lining.

I didn't have this first time round so I just put it down to general growing aches until the insides of my legs went and I put it together.

Oh and if you haven't already get your ball blown up. I've not to sit on my couch anymore either the ball as much as poss. I have one at work and home lol.

xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back