Oxford journals - study results.

LouiseB

Reaction score
I was just hitting the Oxford journals (as you do while looking for miracle infertility cures :whistle:) and i came across some articles that apply to some of your ladies so though i'd share.

Apparently our uterus lining goes through a constant process called Angeogenisis which is where new blood vessels are formed rather than using existing ones and there is evidence to suggest that this process is less intense in women who suffer recurrent miscarriages.

Apparently baby girls born from ICSI are more prone to pubertal obesity.

Apparently girls with lower BMI are much more likely to suffer more severe endometriosis (thats a nice change from blaming the bulge)

Apparently folic acid during ttc is very very extremely important.

Apparently the chance of a full term male baby reduces with age due to male foetus' being more vulnerable to maternal stresses.

Ok, that's your lot! :)

Last edited:
This is all very interesting Lou! Xxx

Oh! Victory :good:

I found a technique called Assisted Oocyte Activation where they basically force the egg to fertilise using chemicals (which makes it risky) and it significantly increases fertilisation rates.

There is still a question mark over live pregnancy rates, but it has happened so that's better than no hope at all :)

i love random snippets of information - keep them coming!

Ok... so today we have:

Apparently it is more cost effective to freeze your eggs than having to have IVF later in life.

Apparently an AMH test is essential for diagnosing PCOS (you ladies might already know that one).

Apparently recurrent chemical pregnancy loss is not a contribution to unexplained infertility. People with unexplained infertility do not achieve implantation unless it progresses into a clinical pregnancy.

Apparently women who have a BMI over 25 are twice as likely to miscarry than those with a healthy BMI.

Apparently stress does not influence IVF outcome.

Last edited:
Awwww Lou you are just a fountain of knowledge ;) lol

Love this, and glad to see my AMH test is accurate. Mine was 19 and it had to be over 60 for PCOS, but until now I was not sure how accurate that was because it is relatively new. Thanks for clarifying that...

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back