Own room

Claire123

Reaction score
Hiya ladies. Just a quick question. ...when u moved baby into their own room did it make a difference to their sleeping patterns?

Eilidh has been a crap sleeper the last couple months (will be 6mo on thursday) and am thinking mabey getting her into her own room will help her sleep better? X
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jonah has been in his own room since 5 months and he has slept through since! Not saying that's why but it is surprising how much we wake them, not the other way round ha. Think of all the snoring, farting and sheet shuffling hahah xx

Jonah has been in his own room since 5 months and he has slept through since! Not saying that's why but it is surprising how much we wake them, not the other way round ha. Think of all the snoring, farting and sheet shuffling hahah xx

Thats exactly what im thinking......shes suh a light sleeper anyway and I know my oh can snore for britain and according to him I can too lol. Thanks! X

My LO was only about 11-12 weeks when we moved him into his own room. Can't remember when it was now. I do think it improved his sleep, firstly cos his room gets less light than ours in the morning. Also he doesn't get disturbed by my OH getting up for work at 5.30am (although he does always wake for a feed around 5am?). I also think it's given him more opportunity to settle himself. He can be quite restless in his sleep and we would try to help settle him when he's like this, probably waking him even more! Now when I see him fidgeting on the monitor he will settle himself after a moment or so, or I can quickly run in, give him the dummy and run back out without disturbing him as much. He now sleeps from 9-5 ish and he will go back down for an hour or so after this feed. He's four months by the way.

It definitely improved my LOs sleep. We moved him at 10 weeks and that's when he started sleeping through. I'm constantly up and down in the night for the toilet and my OH snores like a train! X

We moved JJ into his own room at around 8 weeks...he is so tall, he outgrew his Moses basket! He had a couple of rough nights, getting used to new surroundings, but we've just had his 4th night in a row of 9+ hours sleep :)

He definitely sleeps better in his own room than he ever did in with us xxx

Last edited:
We moved Jules into her own rom at about 9 weeks and it wasn't too long after that that she started sleeping through so it defo seemed to work for us! X x

This is exactly the motivation I need to get eilidhs room finished off and get her in there asap! Thank you very muchly ladies :) fingers crossed it works for us too! Xx

my boy outgrew his moses basket at 4 months so he went into his room from then on. Leading up to that i put him in his room for daytime naps and there were no issues. their sleep is always up and down, depending ontheir moods, temperature and teething.

I find now he is 15 months, its impossible to sleep in a room with him as the minute he knows im in there he wakes up and stays awake, even if its from 3am!

You may find it better by moving them now... the older they get the harder it is to move them too so i think they recommend around 6 months anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back