Ovulation tests

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by JaccsX, Dec 30, 2016.

1. JaccsX

JaccsX Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I got my implant removed in Aug and have been TTC since, been using and app called period tracker that also calculates ovulation but today I thought I'd pick a a ovulation test, I'm due to ovulate tomorrow (ocording to my app) I took the test at about five tonight and got this ??new to these so not sure if it's positive or not because it's faint

Attached Files:

#1 JaccsX, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  2. ClaireDoll

ClaireDoll Well-Known Member

That's not positive lovely, you need to be really consistent with OPK's for a few months to get used to them, same time every day from CD8. To be counted as positive, the line needs to be darker than the control line, most people get faint lines all the way through its when they start to darken then go darker than control that you get your positive from them x

3. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

As Claire said hun, you need to do them daily from day 8ish and do it twice a day. You probably won't ovulate till around day 14 but if you find you ovulate later you could start testing from day 19 the following month if that makes sense. Have you noticed ewcm (egg white cervical mucus) that should give you an indication of when you're fertile. I've attached a picture of my super positive ovulation test to give you an idea of what you're looking for xx

Attached Files:

4. JaccsX

JaccsX Well-Known Member

Awww I see thank youu! Yea I've noticed ewcm am cylce day 15 just now xx

5. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

When did you first notice that ewcm? I usually get it about 4/5 days before I ovulate. I'd test again twice tomorrow and see if it gets darker. How long are your cycles? Xx

6. JaccsX

JaccsX Well-Known Member

I noticed it on Tuesday there normally vary between 28-30 xx

7. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

You probably ovulate between day 14 and 17. Do you use any apps? I find ovia quite good xx

8. JaccsX

JaccsX Well-Known Member

Yea I have that and period tracker! One says I ovulate tomorrow and one says Monday! It's all so confusing lolxx

9. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

It really can be. All I can recommend is have sex every 2 days from day 10 till 18 and you'll keep yourself covered xx

10. JaccsX

JaccsX Well-Known Member

Thank you ��Xx