Ovulation tests

rach4910

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondered if anyone could shed some light. I fell pregnant very quickly with my first (1st month of trying) and had my little one 3 years ago. I've always had irregular and heavy periods and was diagnosed with PCOS 18 months ago.
We've decided to try for our second and I am feeling so anxious about it not happening. I decided to try some ovulation sticks from Boots. I always have a period but the length of them isn't consistent so no idea when I ovulate. Have used 4 sticks so far this month and each time there has been a test line but it has not been as dark or darker than the control line.... How am I supposed to know when I'm ovulating?!

Thanks from a very confused mum! :eh:

The lines should be of equal colour or the test line darker hun. If you're getting a second line that's good, keep testing until you see the line of equal colour/darker. This means your LH has peaked and you should ovulate within 24-72hrs. Because your periods are irregular I would maybe download an app to your phone so you can log your ovulation and period dates. It'll help you start to establish a bit of a pattern! I'd never done ov tests before and started doing them to get an idea. It's really helped me get in tune with my body :) good luck xx

Last edited:
I use OPKs every day unless AF graces me with her presence so I can see the gradual progression from nothing to a second line. Mine didnt get the second line darker than the control line so as long as it isnt faint- if its a strong line thats my indicator im ovulating. When I see the line start to get a little better than straining to see it sort of faint line we BD and keep it up until I go back to negative tests. Hope that helps!

Thanks for your replies. Its all a bit confusing as according to my app tracker I should have ovulated 2 days ago, although the fact that my cycles are not regular lengths means the app is probably just as confused as me! I'd also read that PCOS can measn your hormone levels are always a but higher?!
Don't know why I'm getting so worked up about it as must have had PCOS when I conceived my first but jus didn't know it!
X

So I've just done today's test and the line is faint so a negative. But I've got other symptoms to indicate that I am ovulating: soft cervix, extra mucus, some mild tummy cramps. I just don't get it at all!

I've done another ovulation test today and the line that was there in the previous test is now fainter. Does that mean I didn't ovulte? Very confused and don't really understand what is going on. All myntests have had a line but none as dark as the control. Hep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back