ovulation tests

MrsS15

Reaction score
I'm really confused. Hoping someone can help!

I've been doing cheapie ovulation tests for a good 5 months now. I started wondering if I was missing ovulation though so bought a clear blue ovulation testing kit this month to try. I've continued to do cheapie tests too just to compare. This has been my results...

CD10 low fertility on CB. Faint second line on cheapie
CD11 high fertility on CB. Very clear positive on cheapie
CD12 (today) still high fertility on CB. Clear negative on cheapie.

So the cheapie is saying I've basically ovulated but the clear blue hasn't even picked up my Peak yet. From the last few months I'd probably have stopped DTD after my positive cheapie ov test so now I'm wondering if all these months I've been missing ovulation? Actually I'm sure I have because I think I won't get my Peak till tomorrow, 2 days after the cheapie is saying I've ovulated!

What does everyone think? Any help/advice would be fab! Xx

Hi Sweetie
I'm not sure if I can help but I have had some experience with Opks , I used the Clearblue tests and I didn't get a peak but used cheapies too and got a strong positive, but just a Flashing smiley
I don't think the CB tests are as sensitive as the cheapies tbh
But what I would say is continue testing with both tests & DTD for the next few days then you don't miss Ovulation. ..it may be later than you think......

I got my first dark positive Opk and they have stayed positive till today when they are slightly lighter i Ovulated today i think due to pains and ewcm so that's almost 3 days AFTER my positive Opk ...

So try to DTD daily then you don't miss it hun

Fingers crossed as always for you my lovely :)

Xxxxx

For the last 2 cycles I have had dark lines on cheapies and nothing at all on Clearblue! Is so weird as when we conceived our son I got a very clear smiley on a CB, It's making me wonder if my hormones are a bit wonky and not as strong generally as they once were or something & that's why we are struggling to get pregnant?

Either way, at least we know roughly when we are ovulating and can dtd accordingly. If we are having enough sex I guess we know we're covered around the right time.

Thanks a lot for replying ladies :)

Hmm I didn't think about the sensitivity or that I might not get a peak! I'll definitely continue the CB tests tomorrow and praying I get a peak!

We're definitely going to keep DTD tonight and over the next 2/3 days. Something we haven't done any other months cos I thought if I've ovulated what's the point? :/ maybe that's been or problem and each month I'm ovulating later than I think and missing it!

I think you're right birdie. Just keep BDing every 2nd day over fertile week and after and hopefully that keeps us covered. So hard to pin point! We were putting all our energy into DTD in the run up to ovulation and nothing after. I'm so praying this has been the problem and we get our positive this month!

Xx

Last edited:
Still a flashy face this morning. What's going on? That's since Friday night I've had a flashy face. Is that normal? We'll still continue to BD anyway but didn't think I'd keep getting flashing. Hopefully get a solid tonight! Xx

I also think we've been DTD too early up to what I thought was Ovulation but I think im Ovulating today on CD19 and normally we stop DTD about CD 16/17 as I always thought Ovulation was CD 15

It's so confusing isn't it!!!

Try to DTD for the next few days and test with cheapies too darling

Fx for you

Xxxxxxx

I think we're exactly the same and why we're potentiality missing out. The only month we continued DTD days after I got a positive on a cheapie was October and that was the month I got a BFP. I've convinced myself this is the problem now!

Cheapie last night was down to a really faint second line. I'll do another tonight but I'm sure it'll be completely negative, while I'm still getting a high fertility on the CB. I had really strong left sided pains yesterday too so hopefully that means the egg is releasing. But I'm so confused by all this!

We're going to BD today and tomorrow just to keep us covered. Thanks a lot Mrs, so hope it's our month! Xx

Yeah I'm totally convinced too, I always thought I Ovulated the day after my positive Opk which would of been Friday but I think I Ovulate 3 days after so I would of been missing it every month!! Even though previous months I've had Ovulation pains the day of/after Ovulation
We normally DTD day of positive and the day after then stop
this time we've DTD 4 days after (just had a quickie )

I really hope we both get our Bfps sweetie :)

Xxxxx

I always thought I ovulated within 24hrs of a positive opk but now really don't think that's the case. Still getting a flashy smile on the CB test, and now randomly a second line has appeared on the cheapie again. Still faint though! I actually have no idea what's going on. If it doesn't happen again this month I think I need to just leave all ovulation tests next month and go with the flow. This is stressing me out more!

We just squeezed in another quickie. Will again tomorrow then skip a day and try Wednesday. That'll be CD6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 & 16. I'm convinced there's nothing more I could possibly do lol!

Everything bar legs crossed for us xxx

Hi hun
Oh glad you managed to have a quickie, that's all I've been able to do the past few day
But it doesn't matter how long it lasts as long as you get the job done haha

I think you got your positive Opk but the CB digi must of missed it?? Carry on testing just in case

xxxxx

We don't usually get the chance for quickies but Lu was at his wee friends across the road so we seized the moment :lol:

Well every time I've done a cheapie I've done the CB. Plus starter testing at cd11, I've never ov'd that early. Ugh I'm so confused! I'll test again tomorrow and if it's still flashing I'll give up. Just keeping everything crossed it's enough! Xx

Do you monitor your CM at all? Are you getting the egg white CM prior to or after the positive tests? That will give you a better indicator of when you're going to OV x

I was doing cheap ones for 4 months and nothing, then clear blue i invested in and got caught instantly xx

Yeah I do piglet, I started getting ewcm on cd8 and continued till Saturday cd12. I usually dry up but I still haven't, I'm more 'wet'. Tmi but we've had sex a fair bit so not sure what's cm or sperm :lol:

I've been doing the same Wilson. I thought trying this might help to pinpoint ovulation exactly. If the cb is right then I've been ovulating later than I think each month so potentially been missing it xx

I really don't think I ovulated early, I only started getting ewcm at cd8. Even if I did I started DTD every second day from cd6 so hopefully I'm covered lol xx

Hey Mrs S , I hope youre well ️xx

What I am going to say isn't probably going to help, but I had no luck with OPKS and they stressed me out more than anything! first month I tried I was always getting negatives, then the 2 month I tried always getting positives! It just confused me more !

The month I caught, I didn't use OPKS and just chilled out and didn't think about TTC and then got pregnant. Sadly this one has again ended in a MMC.

I have just bought OPKS and hcgs online just incase but I won't be using the OPKS everyday of I see ECWM I may try and do one and see xxx

I'm so sorry again for your loss Tina. Its really such a horrible time!!

We're on month 11, I tried relaxing before and didn't use anything and still made no difference. I thought trying the clear blue this month would help pinpoint ovulation because I was convinced I was missing it each month. Its just confused me more! I always said I was going to follow SMEP this month regardless so we've done that anyway. I'm not testing anymore because I know I've ovulated. I think the CB was just picking up left over hormones. I started DTD before the ewcm started and continued until it stopped. Hoping we've done it this month but if not, I'm not beating myself up. I know we've done everything we possibly could have! xx

I'm so sorry again for your loss Tina. Its really such a horrible time!!

We're on month 11, I tried relaxing before and didn't use anything and still made no difference. I thought trying the clear blue this month would help pinpoint ovulation because I was convinced I was missing it each month. Its just confused me more! I always said I was going to follow SMEP this month regardless so we've done that anyway. I'm not testing anymore because I know I've ovulated. I think the CB was just picking up left over hormones. I started DTD before the ewcm started and continued until it stopped. Hoping we've done it this month but if not, I'm not beating myself up. I know we've done everything we possibly could have! xx

Thanks Mrs S, I know it sucks but I will get through it and you will have your sticky BFP soon I'm sure of it!!

I hope you didn't thjnk I was trying to lecture you about the relaxing thing, I think the main reason why my mind got completely off TTC was because of my new puppy lol I had somthing else to focus on!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you this month:dust:

It's crazy how quick the months are flying by, I used to be so hung about wanting a baby by a certain date but my first one would have been due anytime now and that seems only last month that I lost him/her! I know this is going to sound a bit odd but I kinda think well if everybody is having babies around me now it's ok as I know that soon I will get my own newborn that I can gush over and they will probably want what I've got again! :) my mind works in strange ways! Xxxx

Last edited:
I've had 8 days of flashing smileys on the CB Digital now. I've no idea what's happening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back