ovulation strips and temp

nikkix86

Reaction score
hi girls this is my 5th cycle of ttc and don't normally use anything as me and oh dtd every other day but tbought id start using the strips and doing my temp to see if I'm actually ovulating even tho I've already had 2 children I'm starting to worry. can anyone tell me what I need to do to use both of them? I'm clueless x

Hi Nikki,

I just use the cheap ovulation test strips you get off ebay/amazon and they work fine for me.. I also bought my basal thermometer from ebay too also very cheap - The one I bought came with a chart to fill out manually but I'm using an app called 'ovia' which is easier. I usually start using the opks at around CD10 as I know I usually ovulate around CD15-17 but if you're not sure you can use them more often.. they are very cheap, about £3-4 for 30.

Last edited:
yeah I bought mine off of amazon I got them today. I'm on cd7. do I nee to take them at any particular time of day? I'm waiting for the thermometer to come and have started using ovia

Brilliant :)

I think the ovulation tests should be done in the afternoon/evening, it's not recommended to use fmu.

I'm not temping this month but I started once AF had finished last cycle.

I'm CD6 today :)

ah OK cool I didn't want to use them because I didn't want the pressure but not sure if I'm ovulating

Yeah, I found temping very stressful hence why I'm not doing it this month but it's worth doing just to see whether your temps look ok and you're getting that confirmation spike after O.

xx

yeah I'm not sure how I long I will do it for will see how stressed I get lol. I haven't been doing anything for 4 months just seeing if it would happen and it hasn't so I'm panicking sone thing is wrong lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back