ovulation strips and temp

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by nikkix86, Aug 12, 2016.

1. nikkix86

nikkix86 Well-Known Member

hi girls this is my 5th cycle of ttc and don't normally use anything as me and oh dtd every other day but tbought id start using the strips and doing my temp to see if I'm actually ovulating even tho I've already had 2 children I'm starting to worry. can anyone tell me what I need to do to use both of them? I'm clueless x

2. Keelygracey

Keelygracey Well-Known Member

Hi Nikki,

I just use the cheap ovulation test strips you get off ebay/amazon and they work fine for me.. I also bought my basal thermometer from ebay too also very cheap - The one I bought came with a chart to fill out manually but I'm using an app called 'ovia' which is easier. I usually start using the opks at around CD10 as I know I usually ovulate around CD15-17 but if you're not sure you can use them more often.. they are very cheap, about £3-4 for 30.

#2 Keelygracey, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  3. nikkix86

yeah I bought mine off of amazon I got them today. I'm on cd7. do I nee to take them at any particular time of day? I'm waiting for the thermometer to come and have started using ovia

4. Keelygracey

Brilliant :)

I think the ovulation tests should be done in the afternoon/evening, it's not recommended to use fmu.

I'm not temping this month but I started once AF had finished last cycle.

I'm CD6 today :)

5. nikkix86

ah OK cool I didn't want to use them because I didn't want the pressure but not sure if I'm ovulating

6. Keelygracey

Yeah, I found temping very stressful hence why I'm not doing it this month but it's worth doing just to see whether your temps look ok and you're getting that confirmation spike after O.

xx

7. nikkix86

yeah I'm not sure how I long I will do it for will see how stressed I get lol. I haven't been doing anything for 4 months just seeing if it would happen and it hasn't so I'm panicking sone thing is wrong lol