Ovulation confusion

Ellemybellamy

Reaction score
So this is our first month TTC, I've been on the implant for 5 years and came off them 2 months ago, so I understand that it might take my body a while to get back into the swing of things. So I have about 4 different apps that calculate my ovulation days, and around my most fertile (which has been the past week) I have had the egg white mucus and now back to having almost no mucus, but what is there is sticky, but my problem is, I took two ovulation tests a day every single day and all were negative. I have no idea whether my period will come in 13 days (as predicted) because I never got periods on the implant so I don't know how long my cycle is or if I'm regular. I know I should wait and find out what my cycle is like but I'm sure you can all understand how eager I am to get pregnant.

Hi you sound like you are in a similar place to me. Long term implant, recently came off and very new to TTC I have an app for my cycle as I didn't have periods on implant either and I don't know when it will be etc. I have got the clear blue ovulation tests and it had detected a rise in estrogen but no ovulation yet. Worried it won't come! Ovia predicts my period will be 11th September. I think for us it's a bit of a waiting game at first until we know our cycles properly and ovulation dates etc, but I know how you feel with being super eager and probably already driving yourself mad! I'm so impatient and eager I just want to see the positive on the pregnancy test now! Haha I can't wait to be pregnant! But for the record my Doctor said as soon as the implant is out you can get pregnant and can become pregnant if you have had sex a week before it comes out because of sperm surviving. So we are all systems go hopefully! Keep me updated would be nice to know how your getting on! Good luck!! :) xxx

Hi! Ovia predicts mine for the 11th too! I put my details in for the average 28 day cycle and my period the other week was 6 days so it's possible that I have a longer cycle and just need to be patient. I think I might go for clear blue, I'm just using the dip strips atm! It's so easy to get obsessed isn't it? I'd love to hear about how you get on too! We can be ovulation buddies haha good luck! Xxx

Im using clearblue opk's and they are just as obsessive! If its any help, I use Ovia and my cycles are all over the show and so far, it's relatively spot on (when I'm having a somewhat normal cycle)

I find clear blue easier to read than the other ones but I am getting fed up of the flashing smiley face I really want the static one but feel like I missed it. But also think if I stop testing every day then I'll miss it again haha yep definitely easy to get obsessed haha!! Whoop ovulation buddies hahaha :D yes please let me know how you get on! I really hope we catch soon!! Xx

Me too! I'm starting to want to punch the flashing face. When you first see it you get all excited but after a fair few OPKs your definitely done with him. I might name him if he's still flashing in the morning ha

Another flashing smiley this morning!! So annoying!! I've only got one test left now as well :/
Yes I was very excited the first time I got the flashing smiley, but yep now I just find it annoying. Almost would prefer a circle so I would know for sure I have missed the window! Hope you get your static today :)

Is it possible you could have missed your peak?

Yay! So, it may not mean I'm ovulating as the test line isn't as dark BUT this is my first time ever getting the test line! I'm so excited! I guess it just means that my cycle is a little longer than I thought. Going to keep testing to keep watch!

My partner keeps telling me I'm obsessed "every single day you have spoken about ovulation" we 'decided' to try/not try so basicallu he says we are just seeing what happens but not actively trying ... obviously I am lol. We've been together for 5 years and spoken about it lots and it's definitely time, I think he's just scared.

Good luck ladies! Keep me updated!!!

Attachments

• 14726353738382107170765.jpg
    14726353738382107170765.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 6
Sorry to jump on the thread but El I believe that's a positive. It's darker than the test line. The test line is on the right so has to be as dark or darker. Xx

I use that brand and this was mine this month which is a great positive like yours xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 3
Sorry to jump on the thread but El I believe that's a positive. It's darker than the test line. The test line is on the right so has to be as dark or darker. Xx

Thankyou - I took two more just now and read the instructions properly haha all positive woo!

It must have been too early this morning!

I believe I was half asleep when I took that test this morning! Took two more after lunch and all positive so I got my partner into bed and took advantage of the situation haha. I noticed about an hour afterwards, some clear discharge with a little bit of blood in it, not sure why as had my period 3 weeks ago and ovulation was today so I'm sure I still have a while before I'm due on again ... anyway it was only the once when I noticed the blood. Took another test this evening and the line was much paler this time so glad I squeezed in a quick session in the sheets!

Whoop glad you got a sesh in :)

I think you can have slight ovulation bleeding but I am not 100% sure xx

AF arrived today :/ wish my cycles would be regular it would make it so much easier. :( no baby this month :(

Everyone is getting pregnant and babies are everywhere! I know I'm very new to this and I really don't mean any disrespect to those who have been trying for a long time but I want my positive test! I want to know a baby it on its way I can't take anyone else telling me they are pregnant!! I am so so so ready and it's the perfect time for it to happen!! Sorry ah I just being a bit ungrateful :(

Yep i totally get it! I dont think this is going to be my month and its just so hard to not be desperate! Having a baby has literally been my life goal, i dream about being pregnant all the time then wake up feeling sad knowing im not ... and im just so excited to have the whole pregnancy/labour/baby experience that it just doesn't feel right to have to try so hard lol ... im super impatient on my first month ttc god knows how i'll be in a few months if i dont get pregnant! I ovulated later than predicted so i'm assuming my cycle is longer than i originally thought, so i still have like 11 days until i take a test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back