Ovulation after coming off the pill

Mammyof1

Reaction score
Waiting a few months to TTC but wanting personal experiences...
I'm currently on Rigevidon (long term use) and just wondering if I should come off the pill a few month beforehand to give my body chance to get back to normal.
How long did it take you to ovulate after stopping the pill and did you have regular ovulation every month?
Thanks in advance.

Not sure how true it is. But I had heard that for each year you are on the pill it takes 1 month to 'recover'. So 6 years on the pill = 6 months to get back to normal.

I have been wondering the same thing, I'm not sure I believe the whole 'one year = one month' thing though. I was on the Microgynon pill for about 9+ years prior to my first pregnancy and I fell pregnant in 6months however I'm 99% certain I also had a very early miscarriage on month 2 so I must have been ovulating. I think it all depends on your body, I think they say if you believe it hadn't returned to normal after 6 months to consult your doctor.

I'm currently TTC baby number 2, I only restarted taking the pill about a year ago so I'm intrigued to see how quickly my cycles return to normal fingers crossed asap!!

Good luck!!

xxx

I have been wondering the same thing, I'm not sure I believe the whole 'one year = one month' thing though. I was on the Microgynon pill for about 9+ years prior to my first pregnancy and I fell pregnant in 6months however I'm 99% certain I also had a very early miscarriage on month 2 so I must have been ovulating. I think it all depends on your body, I think they say if you believe it hadn't returned to normal after 6 months to consult your doctor.

I'm currently TTC baby number 2, I only restarted taking the pill about a year ago so I'm intrigued to see how quickly my cycles return to normal fingers crossed asap!!

Good luck!!

xxx
Best of luck to you!! Considering some ladies get pregnant on the pill because they’ve missed a dose etc, I assume it’s possible to get your cycles back pretty quickly. The average amount of time to fall pregnant is normally 6 months anyway. I’d say let your body do it’s thing and have a relaxed approach in the beginning. Chart your temps if you want or feel it’s necessary.

Best of luck to you!! Considering some ladies get pregnant on the pill because they’ve missed a dose etc, I assume it’s possible to get your cycles back pretty quickly. The average amount of time to fall pregnant is normally 6 months anyway. I’d say let your body do it’s thing and have a relaxed approach in the beginning. Chart your temps if you want or feel it’s necessary.

Thank you!

Exactly, that's what's always confused me a little bit! I guess for some people you could miss a pill or two prior to ovulation and your body may ovulate straight away and for others it takes longer for it to adjust.

I did begin to chart my temps when I was trying to conceive the first time round but I definitely want to try and take a more relaxed approach this time round.. at least try to in the anyway!

xx

This depends on the type of progesterone and the duration, here is more. Hope this helps. All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back