Ovulation Advice Please

Cameron2010

Reaction score
Hi hoping someone can give me some advice...

All day I've had ovulation pains and a lot of stretchy ewcm which makes me think I'll be ovulating in the next few days however I've taken OPKs this morning and tonight which were totally negative. Wouldn't they be positive if I was going to ovulate in the next few days? Or could this mean that I am already ovulating? (Thats what I'm hoping for).

Thanks!

Hi Cameron,

hope you get your + on the OPKs soon. I did not want to read and run but i have heard the best time to test is 2 p.m., or as close as possible and the first morning urine is not recommended. The reason for this is that most women experience a surge in the morning, but it can take 4 hours for it to show up in your urine. Make sure to test at about the same time every day.

I do not use OPKs anymore as they drove me nuts i just start BBTing and last month showed me with i O so hopefully this month i get it right :)

If you have had pains that could be the egg popping and therefore your surge has been and gone. Usually you will get your surge 12-36 hours before ovulation. Mine is usually a shorter space of time though so that isn't the same for everyone. I would say pains and at the same time as ewcm is a more reliable indicator. Do you temp at all? That should confirm ovulation for you if you do.

Thank you! I think I did ovulate yesterday as today my CM has turned thick and white/yellow.

I had Ewcm on day of ovulation and the day after, although the second day it was more sticky! I thought it was strange too but after lots of 'googling' it seemed quite common! CM is a strange thing, I've seen loads of women having loads of CM before a BFP and some having absolutely nothing and getting a BFP - everyone's different :)

Yes you can get it after. You can get it a few days after too as a second surge and just before AF - both are common! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back