Ovia fertility rating

Sunflower1

Reaction score
I noticed that a few people were using the Ovia app so I thought I'd give it a go. I signed up and it gave me a fertility rating of 1.0. I'm so upset...I don't understand why my rating is sooo low. I wonder if it's my age. I'm not going to use it as it's already increased my anxiety massively!

Has anyone else had a low fertility rating on there and does anyone know what on earth they base it on?

Don't panic! That rating is only for today. When it reckons you're ovulating it'll be 10/10. The ratings system is really disheartening, isn't it? I don't check it at all unless I'm logging something or working out when I'm likely to ovulate.

It can be useful for tracking everything over a few months (or eight sodding months in my case) but if she's upsetting you, ditch the b****!

Oh okay! Phew. I think I might get rid of it as I've already read several things on there that have made me really worried. it says if your period is less than 3 days then your chances of conceiving are much lower but I've already checked that out with my fertility doctor and he said 2 to 3 days is fine. Then it went on about sleep being an important factor in hormonal balance and the minute I start to worry about sleep I stop sleeping.

I think I can work it all out myself with BBT charting and ovulation tests so am going to aim to try to relax.

It's so unfair as the longer it takes you to get pregnant the more anxious you get and then they tell you stress is a factor!

I quite liked Ovia. The daily rating changes depending on which point you are in your cycle, which I found quite useful. You can scroll along the next few days to see what it is predicting and how close you are to your fertile window. I liked the clear graphs and if you are temping I found their system easy to input and easy to view. It was also easy to scroll back and compare previous months, eg I liked to look back and see when I got my ewcm and compare it. Like all advice I think you need to take it with a pinch of salt, as it is very general and not applicable to every situation.

It's really not for everyone. I like it for being able to track what days we DTD, cycle length and generally look back on any major symptoms for certain times in the cycle but I think you need to remember it's just an app and not get too neurotic about it, my friend is very ocd and ditched it after a month as she was using every single possible function on it and getting annoyed it wasn't miraculously getting her pregnant!

If you don't like Ovia Fertility Friend might be good for you. Personally I prefer Ovia. My cycles are quite all over the show but OVia tends to predict AF within a few days (unless my cycle is bonkers!)

My Mum has a fridge magnet that says 'You'll always be my friend...you know too much!' That's exactly how I feel about Ovia. She says mean things, messes me around, but she has all my stats, so I'll keep her around :D

After all your good reviews I decided to stick with Ovia and got past all my initial anxiety. Me and Ovia are good friends now and I don't have to bug my husband about all the little details of my cycle. Be interesting to see what predictions it makes for next month.

It gets more accurate the more you use it I found (even with my wonky cycles it seemed to do ok).

I find Ovia much more modern and easy to read than Fertility Friend but I do prefer the BBT graph on Fertility friend as it pinpoints ovulation xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back