Overweight BMI 38 and BFP today!

entre

Reaction score
HI all

I never managed to lose the baby weight, I put more on..... I was approx. 11stone when met partner, now I'm 17st.

I only put on 2 lb on my last pregnancy as I lost weight throughout it.

Any tips on how to lose weight safely in pregnancy, more like health eating I'm guessing, I just read you shouldn't lose weight at all....

TIA

I just checked my BMI and it is 46.2 :/ not great. I believe its ok to carry on doing the same level of exercise that you were doing before pregnancy and eating healthily. Apparently some people lose weight in the first trimester because of the morning sickness but I dont think its recommended to lose too much weight intentionally

My bmi is 36 an I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately I did rather a lot of comfort eating after our loss a few months ago so that didnt help. The old fashioned advice is not to loose weight during pregnancy but ideas seem to be changing a bit. Research has shown some positive results of loosing weight while you are pregnant. I think a lot comes down to what you are cutting out of your diet. It wouldn't be good to be too extreme but if you can eat a balanced diet and still loose weight it should be fine. I mean cutting out crisps and sweets wont do anyone harm :). I lost a lot of weight in tri 1 in my 1st pregnancy because of the sicknesses so I weighed less after she was born than before I got pregnant.

Changing your diet is definately something that can be done, although keep in mind that you shouldn't deprive yourself of any of the major food groups.

You may also find that once morning sickness kicks in (doesn't for everyone remember) that your portion sizes may take a hit. Eating little and often is a good way of being able to stave off some of the nausea feeling.

If you are exercising already, it is safe to continue, however it is recommended not to start anything new, although things like walking and swimming are always good.

If you are really worried, maybe ask for a referral to a dietician, who will be able to advise more clearly on portion control and well balanced diet.

Enjoy your pregnancy though :)

I think slimming world is endorsed by Royal college of midwives and although they may not want u to lose weight they'll help you to eat more healthy so that you're not piling on the lbs either. I really wish I'd got the eight off before getting pregnant again although with MS iim now down to 12st 13lbs but would have preferred to be around 11 but will do my best to eat healthy with my son I didn't put on a huge amount of pregnancy weight it was after he was born with exhaustion and not eating properly I'll be back to slimming world a month after this one is born best plan I ever followed just wish I'd stuck with it

Hi,

When I had my booking appt my bmi was 35.6. I've been following slimmingworld since before I got pregnant and am still doing it now, currently 25+5. The idea with slimmingworld is come the end you will have gained very little, maintained or in fact lost weight. You'll obviously put on weight during the pregnancy tho but mine didn't start go on until about week 16 (where I had a big gain but had just got back from 5 nights in New York!) and since then it's been a steady lb or so.

I'm not sure though if they'll let you start whilst pregnant that'll be something to look into but like the prev post it is endorsed by the college of midwives. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back