Overnight nappies

YorksLass

Reaction score
Just looking for recommendations for good overnight nappies - we currently use either naty disposables or little lambs fitted reusables with bamboo boosters and in each case she wets right through to her sleepsuits and bed sheets very often! Ideally I don't want anything full of chemicals and would like to remain as eco friendly as possible. She does huge amounts of wee - impressive for a baby with one kidney!

I've always used pampers and find them great. No sure on shop own brands as a few I tried felt hard and stiff and gave harper a nappy rash. Pampers also do baby dry (or something like that) which are for overnight and can hold the wee longer x

Just seen your looking for eco friendly ones, sorry don't know of any brands x

I use little lambs at night with a booster and fleece liner, have you considered adding another bamboo booster? Also I use an (old style) imse vimse wrap which is great, no wicking.

If you'd rather try an eco disposable I really rate Moltex, they always coped well even 12hrs over night.

Last edited:
Thanks fcroxy! I know a lot of people rate pampers very highly, I'm just not sure about them with her skin, with the chemicals!
Phoenix, I tried an extra booster yesterday evening but she's so small it made the whole thing so bulky she looked really uncomfortable lying down! Might be our only solution though, and maybe our wool wrap would work better, I just haven't wanted to use it on the hot nights :-s
I'll look into the wrap you mentioned.
You'd told me about moltex before too and I completely forgot! Will have to get some... cheers! ;-)

If sensitive skin is your main worry then pampers might be worth a try. Pampers are the only brand my two could use from birth without skin issues and the also hold pee better than other brands I've tried.. My mum said they were also the only brand that worked for my sisters skin. For some reason cloth nappies gave her a rash too and pampers were the only thing she could find that didn't. We used cloth nappies but I gave up on them at night in favour of pampers because they feel much drier against the skin when wet and because I always had issues with the cloth ones leaking. In my case it wasn't so much a case of too much pee for the nappy to hold, just its finding a way out the side. Of course it isn't such an environmentally friendly choice so it might not be for you but I decided not to beat myself up about it over one or two nappies a night. If its just too much pee for the nappy to hold adding extra padding might do the trick.

We do worry about eczema, as my partner and I both have it. Although we've found that she's fine in cloth when using calendula cream, no rash at all - it tends to be chemicals, not dampness that flares my skin up, so I'm guessing if she has it, she'll be the same! As a last resort, we may try a random pampers overnight and see what happens - we were given a couple in a gift pack :)

We use pampers here and no leaks! My baby sleeps all night so I don't wake her to change her. X

Going to go with the majority and say pampers again! I've tried all the super market brands as thought the price of pampers was excessive but they are the best for the amount of wee my LO does.

His nappies make a thud on the ground when I take them off!

Ahaha! My girl's naty nappies are like bricks sometimes ;-)

Try getting some prefolds and maybe use 2 or 3 or 4 at once for night time? I'm no expert though LOL :)

We sort of cracked it - I put an extra bamboo booster in the reusable in the end, started holding on to do the last change at midnight and it seems to last until the morning now! She's usually well asleep by that point, so if I give her a feed straight after she goes back down again. Must say, she looks so funny in so bulky a nappy with her size, but I don't think it bothers her too much, comfort wise, especially now it's starting to cool down a little in the nights :)

Have a try with the Aldi Mamia Nappies, they are really good! My little lady sleeps through the night 9pm - 8am and unless she does a number2 doesn't wake and i've had no issues. I wouldn't recommend pampers baby-dry but the ones with the yellow on the packet are good :)

Value for money though i would definitely trie Mamia :) it's like £4 for a small/ medium pack of Size 3 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back