Over spending.

stargirl

Reaction score
I just can't stop buying things for H! I've bought loads of toys, though he can't play with them yet. I'm skint because every time I go out the door I buy him something.

I love books and reading so as well as him having a library card ( we live a 5 min walking distance from the library) I buy him one book a week. I have done since I was about 30 weeks pregnant. So he's got quite a collection and we have a story at bedtime every night, although my sister thinks I'm mad because he's only 7 wks old! However today I stumbled over a web site called the works and they had an offer on children's books, 10 for £10! Oops! I hope they deliver while oh is at work lol. Any one else having the same spending problem?

Yep - except I've been buying books for Alex long before he was even conceived :lol: I try to only head for charity shops, there are a couple round here where kids books are only 20p, so the money is less of an issue, the problem for us is that there won't be any room left in our house! Where we are now we can't access the local library as it has steep steps, but I've already signed him up at the library near our new house :)

We're lucky to have 2 library's in our town. I live near the smallest one which is nice because its more friendly and you see the same people again and again. I really need to not buy any more books for a while now but that only means I'll find something eles to but. Sleep aids is another. H has so many now, sleep sheep, Ewan the sleep sheep, sweetheart lamb to name but a few, the only one that seems to help at the moment is the sleep sheep set on whale noises lol x

My spending problems extend beyond James [he is fully stocked with the next size up and some in the size after that] but I have cupboards full of cleaning products, air freshener, washing powder, toilet rolls etc... I buy something literally every-time I step out of the door! I always go for special offers though :shock:

This is my last month of being paid though, I drop to nothing from August so I need to reign it in.

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back