Ovarian Cyst

GeekMaker

Reaction score
I am not pregnant but am 2 weeks late on my period. They checked and I have a 3.9cm cyst. In October, there was a 1.3cm cyst on the same ovary but because I had a period in late Oct they are not sure if this is the same or a new one.

Does anyone have tips for these cysts? Have they made your period late before?

I go back in January to retest for pregnancy and check on the cyst as well but I believe the cyst is just making me late and mimicking pregnancy symptoms.

I am not only new with TTC but also to a cyst like this. So just wondering if any women could share experiences. If I dont have my AF by then and my pregnancy tests are negative then they will give me something to jump start my period.

I've got a cyst and I've had it for years (I can only assume it's the same one as it's always on the same ovary)

They were checking up on it years ago but it didn't change size (which they did say was odd as apparently it should change during my cycle) although at that time I was on the depo injection. They said it could have been caused by the injection.

I didn't think much of it; years later we tried for a baby and it wasn't until my 12 week scan that they said I had a cyst on the same ovary and that I had ovulated from the other ovary. So I could be wrong it may not be the same one but it does seem odd.

They haven't kept an eye on mine; but with yours growing and also your periods being late I'd just keep on top of them and make sure they do keep an eye on it. You can have them removed if they cause you any problems.

Thank you so much! It is new to me and a bit confusing. They will be checking on it again in like 5 weeks. Did yours make your period late? Just frustrating this happens right when I start TTC! lol

I'm not really sure; my periods weren't regular after I came off the depo but I put it down to that rather than the cyst so I'm not sure.

Good luck I hope they get you sorted

So I got positive pregnancy tests today and they did blood work. I dont know if the cyst can cause this? The lady on the phone said no but I dont know. The positive test were at home ones.

Geekmaker, your definitely pregnant hun. Those lines on them cheapies were blazing.
You really are a story I have never heard before. :dust: x

The cyst probably made you ovulate late which is why you were getting negatives before - when AF was due you were probably only just ovulating and managed to catch the egg :) congratulations!

The cyst probably made you ovulate late which is why you were getting negatives before - when AF was due you were probably only just ovulating and managed to catch the egg :) congratulations!

I would say this is most likely what happened too, congratulations!!

The test was faulty and blood work negative but thank you guys! I will keep you posted. I have an u/s to check on the cyst in a month so will keep you posted.

The test was faulty and blood work negative but thank you guys! I will keep you posted. I have an u/s to check on the cyst in a month so will keep you posted.

Gosh that’s terrible that a test could give such a false positive, I would email the supplier with a picture of test and explanation that blood work shows negative, they shouldn’t be selling them no matter how cheap they are, sorry you’ve had your hopes raised then shot down again x

Thank you yeah gosh that was hard but I wont be using those again! lol

That's awful.
I'm so sorry :( I'd def get in touch with the manufacturer about it; I don't care how cheap the tests are - a false negative because they're not strong enough is one thing but a false positive is not acceptable.

Good luck in the rest of your journey

Thank you <3 I keep thinking AF is coming but a little spotting is all...hopefully soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back