OV kit - does the cost matter?

PinkPunch

Reaction score
There are so many ov kits out there, but which one is the best? I've just seen alot of people say that cheap ebay ones sometimes don't work.. so is it best to use Clear blue for example?

I want to buy a kit soon so I can book my baby making holiday in time next year lol plus, im kinda excited about using an ovulation kit for the first time - how sad! lol

I used the cheap ebay ones, and as you can see in my other post I got a positive with it! They do work, it's just getting the timing right.

I don't use a whole kit but I chart my temps and I use the cheap OPK's. I've had a couple of months with nothing but negatives and a couple of months where I've had a positive with them.

TBH because the LH surge is quite short lived and hard to catch with opk's alone I'm finding that I'm more aware of when to BD based on my temps now that I've started charting.

I bought a cheap basal body temperature thermometer from ebay and signed up to chart with fertility friend and I'm finding it really good. For example my predicted OV date this month isn't until the weekend but my CM and my temps show that I could be OVing about now. If I wasn't charting I would probably have missed it this month because my OPK's are negative!

:hug: :hug:

Hmmm I see what you mean Chrissy, I didn't really think of that as an option.

Should I be keeping a diary now so when April comes I'll know what sort of routine I have? :think:

I signed up for Fertility friend online and I just take my temp every morning and input it on the computer when I get into work... :lol: :lol:

I've only starting charting last month and I've already found it really useful. I was worried I was infertile becuse I was getting so many OPK's but I'm more at ease now because I'm getting very good cycle patterns on there.

When you sign up you get the option of choosing to do the free course which I did and I can thoroughly recommend. All it is an an e-mail every day to you that you have to read through then you answer 4 or 5 questions at the end. It's really really good. I learned so much from them about what to look for in my charts and what was a good pattern and what makes your temps rise and fall etc etc. Once you've had a few cycles in there It will show you your predicted OV and AF dates based on the average of the cycles you will have put in so far so it's good for planning hols etc

I also think it will be useful, because if we haven't conceived in a few months we can take the charts to the doctors to show them that we doing everything right, timing BD and CM and the likes. Will make the doctor see how serious we are.

It's good for my own piece of mind too so that I know what's going on as well.

If you need any help setting it up or anything juse give me a shout, I'm only too happy to help :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I used to use the cheapies from Access Diagnostics, as soon as I started to get reasonably dark lines I would also use a Clearblue digi ov. test to confirm. The Clearblue ones are expensive but are worth it as there's no debating the colour of the line - a smiley face means you're ovulating, a circle means you are not.

I think you need to get through a couple of cycles testing before you really can understand how to interpret the tests. Its different for everyone.

The month I got my BFP I tested with cheapies, Clearblue digi's and I was temping. The combo of all three really worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back