Outed by my 3 year old

MrsKeen

Reaction score
Picked my DD up from nursery yesterday only to be pulled off to a quiet corner... 'Nothing to worry about' says her keyworker 'But Pip has told the entire class you are pregnant and that her daddy put the baby there.'

Talk about totally floored - I think I managed to fluff my way through it 'where on earth has she got that from' and 'oh I really must hit the gym harder' fell out of my mouth but OMG. The thing is the nursery is a small one and between me and DH we know almost all the mothers or fathers socially. So it just takes a tiny little rumour before the whole bloody county is going to be whispering.

I have no idea where she has picked it up from, we've been really careful about not mentioning anything she could pick up on in front of us - We're hoping she's got something from a friend and we won't hear it from her again.

So, a cautionary tale folks, mind what you are saying around flappy little ears - I'm probably going to be fending off questions for the next 6 weeks.

You'll need to retract on the gym statement soon lol

Lol oh dear. Thank god my LO can't talk yet lol.

Having said that my cousins 3 year old knew about her pregnancy from about 4 weeks because she was constantly throwing up so they explained to her and told her it was a secret. They didn't reveal to family and friends til about 14 weeks due to previous losses before having LO, it stayed a secret all that time, she never told a soul. Bless her I'm gonna get her to keep my secrets when she's older!

That's so cute Frankie_Lou, very brave of them to tell her the truth..... My little one isn't quite so discreet, although I did ask her to keep daddy's easter present a secret and she did, but she wants a sister so bad there's no way she'd keep stum.

Aww. I did the same thing to my
Mum when I was three - told my gran I had to come to her house for a sleepover cos mummy was bleeding and worried about the baby (apparently I heard her telling my dad on the phone!!)

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back