Out of interest...how early do symptoms begin?

Julia

Reaction score
Dear all,

Just out of interest, how early do pregnancy symptoms begin? Some say within days of conception, others state within weeks! During my first pregnancy (I m/c) my symptoms began about a week before my AF was due (sore boobs, mood swings etc). Is every pregnancy different (even for the same woman?). I am on my 2ww and I am on day 6 after ov...no symptoms yet :cry:

Hiya Julia

I suspect your going to get a wide range of answers to this as the onset of pregnancy symptoms can begin at different times from woman to woman and indeed differ in each pregnancy.

I've just read over my pregnancy diary for you and I've noted at 4wks+2 days that my boobs were sore on the sides, but I didn't think I was pregnant....By 5wks I noted frequent urination and fuller boobs. Nausea didn't hit me until 7wks.

So I would say the lack of symptoms at this time does not mean you are NOT pregnant....

Lotsa luck Julia, will be keeping everything crossed for you!

Hi Julia,

As Rachael says some have early symptoms, I have had very few symptoms so far. I actually started a diary from ovulation time [conception time actually!] as I was having some unusual sensations within a few days of ovulation / conception - weird cramps in my lower abdomen switching from left to right side and sore boobs and peeing constantly from as early as the middle of cycle so when I didn't get AF I did test.. lo and behold it was +!

I know now that those weird pains were implantation and stretching of uterus but now I am 7 weeks gone I have NO symptoms whatsoever.. my boobs are not sore anymore, no nausea or sickness but I am tired all the time and I am constantly peeing and always hungry.... so we all seem to have different pregnancies.. that's what makes this forum so interesting and helpful!!

Good luck..

Thanks girls!

My nipples are a bit sore to touch (but I don't know if it is because I keep prodding them all the time LOL! ). Even though I am trying to relax and keep my mind occupied, it is soooo difficult to do so. I am going out tonight again (we are both teachers and have the summer holidays at the moment). I suppose if it doesn't happen this month then we have plenty of time to BD through the holidays due to not having to rush off to work or be too tired after work. This pregnancy lark is sooo frustrating - TO THINK OF THE YEARS I SPENT TRYING NOT TO GET PREGNANT!!!!!!

I really appreciate your responses girls, I am doing the garden at the moment and rushing in to check if I have any mail!!!

Yeah Julia I know how you feel.. amazing how fast time flies when you are not pregnant and enjoying a fun stress free life... suddenly we decide we want to be mothers and time stands still..each month passes so slowly!!

I was lucky that we conceived the first month of sort of trying and each day seems to drag by... very annoying.... just trying to keep busy!

by the way.. if your'e gardening.. wear gloves in case cats use the garden as a loo.. toxoplasmosis or whatever is called is dangerous... [my excuse for NOT doing any gardening as we have 3 cats!]

take care and keep a note of all your symptoms..
x

Thanks Anna Marie - didn't even think of that! It is lovely to be able to confide in other women via the internet. Everyone is so lovely and caring here......Don't know what I would do without the internet because my DH is a typical man - everything is black and white. If I am pregnant then great, if I am not then there is always next month (a good way to look at it I suppose). xxx

Hiya

Just thought I would let you know that with both my pregnancies I had exactly the same symptons and each time they started 5 days after conceiving, mainly I was exhausted, had sore boobs and kept weeing, after that everything followed the same pattern!! My second baby was due on the same day as the first too (spooky) But I have been told that by all of my friends that all their pregnancies were different each time, so good luck :lol:

My first symptom was sore breasts and this happened within a week of conception. But everyone is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back