Our Rainbow Imogen Grace

millielaura

Reaction score
Born 22.01.2017
7lbs 8

Thought I'd make a parenting journal instead of pregnancy journal now Imogen is 1 month!

She weighed 9lb last Wednesday at 3 and a half weeks..she has been in 0-3 clothes for nearly 2 weeks as well.
She loves co sleeping and also loves sleeping on daddies chest for her naps.
She has bad wind and reflux and has infacol and infant gaviscon to try and help her.
She's started to be a lot more alert and looks at us properly :)
We started combination feeding which is great as really struggled with breast feeding at the start as she couldnt latch at all but it is getting better :D. Xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

123557350a5dc75bd777a1f7f9362731.jpg
43b3c52c064404c8a17dbc7d1a2f48f6.jpg

Congratulations she is so cute :) sounds like she is doing well. I'm 38+2 just under 2 wks to go, this is my first & all I think about is giving birth. If u don't mind me asking how was your labour experience? Any advice you can give me x

Congratulations she is so cute :) sounds like she is doing well. I'm 38+2 just under 2 wks to go, this is my first & all I think about is giving birth. If u don't mind me asking how was your labour experience? Any advice you can give me x
Thank you! I was totally the same..just couldnt wait until she was here safe!i was induced at 39 weeks. I had a really good labour experience.
Was induced via the drip due to reduced movements, which was started around 11pm and Imogen was born at 5.17am and 11 minutes pushing. The drip made it so so intense and I got an epidural which was a total lifesaver. My advice would be try not to focus too much on a particular birthing plan. For years I wanted a water birth no painkillers etc. The reality was so different but still was a good experience! It was straightforward and she got here safe which is all I wanted in the end :)
Xxx

09674e1f4fefca2d5266ee7e3822106c.jpg

Lol :)

Think we are going through the first 'leap' atm. I have the wonder weeks app and it says its due to start in a few days but think it has started already. Been feeding/crying a lot and will only sleep if she's being held etc and I've noticed the last couple days she looks at people a lot more alert. Really hoping smiles aren't far off!! Xx

Thank you! I was totally the same..just couldnt wait until she was here safe!i was induced at 39 weeks. I had a really good labour experience.
Was induced via the drip due to reduced movements, which was started around 11pm and Imogen was born at 5.17am and 11 minutes pushing. The drip made it so so intense and I got an epidural which was a total lifesaver. My advice would be try not to focus too much on a particular birthing plan. For years I wanted a water birth no painkillers etc. The reality was so different but still was a good experience! It was straightforward and she got here safe which is all I wanted in the end :)
Xxx

That was good u had a nice experience even though u were induced. That is not the road I wanna go down but what will be will be, the "plan" is I would like to go down the natural way g&a & water birth, I feel good in the water however things could change so I'm going in with a open mind! I'm doing everything to get him out, raspberry leaf tea, pineapple, bouncing on my ball, walking there is only so much walking I can do till my back starts to hurt!

Xxx

That was good u had a nice experience even though u were induced. That is not the road I wanna go down but what will be will be, the "plan" is I would like to go down the natural way g&a & water birth, I feel good in the water however things could change so I'm going in with a open mind! I'm doing everything to get him out, raspberry leaf tea, pineapple, bouncing on my ball, walking there is only so much walking I can do till my back starts to hurt!
Haha I was the same! I ate a whole pineapple in one sitting lol ouch my tongue!
Have you been using evening primrose capsules to help soften cervix? Xx

I think it helped me. I had 2000mg orally and 1000mg vaginally each day I think xxx

I think Immy has been having the first 'leap' according to the wonder weeks.
For a good few days she screamed constantly and had to be held or wouldn't sleep at all. Last couple nights she has slept really good and we have noticed she is a lot more alert and makes noises such as coos etc.
Still no copying expressions or smiles though!
Touchwood the leap is over hahaha xxx

Imogen smiled at OH last night , her first ever smile!! Then she smiled at me this morning :D

Oh my goodness, an absolute beauty. She really is a cutie xx

2de6b5f7d0c740ada99d97d92a92eae8.jpg

Haha she was pulling such cheeky faces!

ec16675ac9ddc4e44b491cbbd9dfc98a.jpg

She is getting so big! All her 0-3 clothes are too small for her and some of her 3-6 sleepsuits her feet are too big for!! Will be 9 weeks on sunday :) Xxx

Oh my god hunni I have only just seen this!! HUGE congratulations - she is absolutely beautiful!! Enjoy those newborn snuggles. X

Thank you :)
It has gone sooo quickly!! 9 weeks already. Can't believe how fast it's gone but at the same time I can't believe it was omly 9 weeks ago I didn't kmow her! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back