Our potential names

Gsygal

Reaction score
This is our first baby together (OH has 2 daughters from previous marriage, Faye Philly Jean and Ellie-Mae Grace)

For a girl:

Isla

For a boy:

Hamish (its my dad's name and I just think its lovely. My mum however thinks its awful!)
Oliver
Lachlan
Lincoln

really going to struggle for middle names too!

What do you guys think? is a wee Hamish just setting the poor mite up??

(my dad is scottish, and has an accent altho quite mild as he is from the borders. I have red curly hair) extent of our scottishness ;)

I love Isla for a girl and also love Hamish. We are trying to keep our name under wraps as people's opinions do put a dampner on things. As long as you and OH love it that's all that matters x

Isla is lovely.
The boy name I like is Oliver.
(I agree with your mum about Hamish, sorry.)

I love Isla! We had this on our list and I thought about Hamish but oh hates it :( we are both Scottish!
Go with what you and oh love. It doesn't matter what other people say x

I love hamish !! My oh didnt like it!

Have you thought about helier? I used to eork with a lovely older Scottish engineer calked that

I've picked Oliver for my lil boy BUT me an my oh decided last we to start watching Prison Break and now we both love the name Lincoln and are seriously thinking about changing it x

I'm Scottish and I have to say I don't like Hamish or Lachlan but Oliver and Lincoln I like.

I know lots of people with westies called Hamish, so that's maybe why I dnt like it.

Go with your heart though, could even be a middle name if you have your heart set on it? My dads name is Derek, we gave that to Jackson for a middle name And because jackson wasnt having mine and my dads surname (oh and i arent married) xxxx

Last edited:
we couldnt have Helier, as we are from Guernsey, and Helier is the main town in our rival island, Jersey! lol, so that wouldnt work.

thanks guys.
x

I like Isla, not keen on Hamish though. Love the name Oliver! :)

What a great idea, Isla is perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back